Additional fields for forum post

A place to suggest possible new mods or to suggest abandoned mods to take over.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ardaic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Additional fields for forum post

Postby Ardaic » 29 Apr 2012, 17:17

I'm new to php and, while I intend to get some books and do some learning, this is a modification that I'd like to see implemented on my current project and I don't have a test-forum to poke around in.

Basically, I want to add an extra field - an extra date and time field, to be precise. Basically, I want users to be able to set their own date and time associated with the post. I don't want to take out the date-and-time of submission, but have an extra field with user input (it's a specific purpose that I have, but it could be useful for other people in my specific field) so someone who is new to the forum can follow the flow of action in the forum. Whether it's manual entry or drop-downs, something that accomplishes this would be amazing.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Additional fields for forum post

Postby tumba25 » 29 Apr 2012, 21:18

If you want to poke around with your forum, you really need a test forum to play with. A local forum is best for this, IMO. It should be easy to install wampserver (Win only) or XAMPP, I have not tried either of them personally but I have heard good things about XAMPP at least.

Ardaic

Postby Ardaic » 29 Apr 2012, 22:34

Thanks for the heads-up! I wasn't aware of wampserver, so I'm downloading that currently. The current forum that I'm working on isn't deployed, so it's sort of a sandbox and the most I'll lose if I have to drop it and re-install would be a handful of accounts that I generated to test an admin mod I installed. But perhaps with a book and this wampserver, I'll be a little more fearless and find a way to add this myself. It's a fun concept, I think.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 01 May 2012, 00:54

When you get to a point with changes that work and you want to continue editing you could copy the files and backup the DB, then you could just restore them to get back.

Return to “MOD Suggestions”