Having trouble with mChat lately

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Mike86

Re: Having trouble with mChat lately

Postby Mike86 » 21 Dec 2014, 13:40

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RMcGirr83 » 21 Dec 2014, 13:45

Many free hosts will not allow an ajax based chat as it may overload other accounts on the same server.

tenkai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tenkai » 24 Dec 2014, 18:31

I'm having a similar issue, except I don't even have an editor.js file to edit in the version of prosilver I'm using.

To recap, the Send, Reset, Smilies and BBCodes buttons do not work. Purge does, though.

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 25 Dec 2014, 17:57

The editor.js edit is for the input box in mchat.
The .js file edits in the overall_header,html is for the drop down smilies, bbcodes and scroll.

Check your overall_header and make sure the .js files needed to load are in the right place.
Check in the prosilver/template/ directory for the editor.js file for those edits. Your style may inherit that file from prosilver.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

tenkai

Postby tenkai » 26 Dec 2014, 13:52

Uninstalling mChat and reinstalling it appeared to do the trick as far as posting is concerned. Didn't fix the issue for the smilies and bbcodes, obviously, as I don't have the js files necessary to allow those to function properly.
I checked the newest build of PHPBB (3.1.2) for the editor.js file in the prosilver template, but it doesn't appear to be there. Any ideas where I can grab this? Will it even help if they aren't using it in the current build?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Dec 2014, 14:21

This mod hasn't been updated for 3.1.2 and it is odd that prosilver no longer has editor.js within it as there is this line within posting_buttons.html file

However, saying that the editor.js file can be found within the assets/javascript directory in 3.1.2

tenkai

Postby tenkai » 26 Dec 2014, 14:30

NBD. I removed the Smilies and BBCodes buttons from the post area for now. Most people know how to write out the code by now anyway.

Thanks!

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Dec 2014, 14:38

I edited my post above.

Return to “Modders MOD support”