In an effort to increase product stability we are happy to announce the
availability of the first release candidate for the next minor release -
This release fixes a lot of bugs, corrects minor issues, introducing
some security enhancements and also introducing major new features.
Everyone able to should test this release and report overseen bugs and
issues to the bug tracker or directly to the developers. Specific
sections of interest are:
- Closer look to cache directory and correct cache purge
- Template Inheritance
- Private Messages (sending to multiple recipients)
- MCP: queue for newly registered users
- MCP: create shadow topics, afterwards move original topic to new forum
- MCP: create shadow topic from topic having reports assigned (shadow
topic should have no report assigned)
- Posting: PNG Thumbnail generation/attachments
- Testing Update Package
Updates to the full minor release 3.0.3 will be possible. Please note
that language packs may not be updated yet to reflect the changes within
this release - therefore it is recommended to test with the provided
english language pack.
The fixes are:
- [Fix] Correctly set topic starter if first post in topic removed (Bug
#30575 - Patch by blueray2048)
- [Fix] Delete avatar files (Bug #29985).
- [Fix] Preserve selection in the MCP. (Bug #31265).
- [Fix] Added VST - Venezuela Standard Time (Bug #30545).
- [Fix] Close DB connections in file.php.
- [Fix] Correctly return results for nested cached queries (Bug #31445 -
Patch by faw).
- [Fix] Allow export of PM pages greater one. (#33155)
- [Fix] Display coloured username of last poster in list of subscribed
- [Fix] Added missing UCP language string "NO_AUTH_READ_HOLD_MESSAGE".
- [Fix] Do not jump back to page 1 when hiding member search in
memberlist. (Bug #32515)
- [Fix] Correctly limit input of the users location to 100 characters in
the UCP and ACP. (Bug #32655)
- [Fix] Sync reports when using the move all users posts tool in the
ACP. (Bug #31165)
- [Fix] Extra slash is included in the redirect url when redirecting to
the forum root directory. (Bug #33605)
- [Fix] Remove reported flag from shadow topics when closing reports.
- [Fix] Do not show non indexed forums on the search page if they
contain no subforums. (Bug #33125)
- [Fix] Stop search bots incrementing topic views. (Bug #32675 - Patch
- [Fix] Use correct link for post author search. (Bug #32595)
- [Fix] Do not decrease topics counter when deleting shadow topics. (Bug
- [Fix] Send localised disapproval reasons in the recipients local
language. (Bug #31645)
- [Fix] Language typos/fixes. (Bugs #27625, #30755, #34185, #32795)
- [Fix] Added missing terms parameter to search pagination. (Bug #34085)
- [Fix] Wrong table order in query obtaining posts if post id given.
- [Fix] Do not display reported topic icon for shadow topics. (Bug #13970)
- [Fix] Display popular topic based on posts within topic instead of
replies within topic. (Bug #16099)
- [Fix] Expand shown ban reason in unban screen to fully show long
entries. (Bug #16234)
- [Fix] Preserve alpha transparency for created thumbnails. (Bug #16575)
- [Fix] Use correct port delimiter for MSSQL connections in windows.
- [Fix] Do not allow setting forums parent to the forum itself. (Bug #18855)
- [Fix] Display assigned rank/avatar for guests. (Bug #19155)
- [Fix] Set secure cookie for style switcher if required. (Bug #19625)
- [Fix] Fix native full text search on postgresql while using excluding
keyword matches. (Bug #19195)
- [Fix] Pass S_SEARCH_ACTION through append_sid() in search.php. (Bug
- [Fix] Correctly delete message attachments. (Bug #23755)
- [Fix] Correctly handle unread status of subforums (that are not shown
on the index) of forums that are shown on the index. (Bug #14589)
- [Fix] Stop users from deleting posts after the edit time has passed or
they have been locked. (Bug #19115)
- [Fix] Split posts target forum requires 'f_post' now instead of
'm_split'. (Bug #31015)
- [Fix] Duplicate log messages for deleting a topic ('LOG_TOPIC_DELETED'
has been deprecated in favour of 'LOG_DELETE_TOPIC').
- [Fix] Use a distinct log message for shadow topic deletions to
differentiate between normal topic deletions. (Bug #34635)
- [Fix] Fix problems with styles using an underscore within the
filename. (Bug #34315)
- [Fix] Better return links when deleting topics through the MCP. (Bug
- [Fix] Add quoting support to PM history when composing a reply. (Bug
- [Fix] Use phpBB 3.1.x method for storing cached data to prevent PHP
bug with our usage of var_export(). (Thanks to Techie-Micheal and HoL
for pointing out possible problems)
- [Fix] Check users pm preferences for pm's sent to groups. (Bug #33245)
- [Fix] Do not allow password reminders if u_passchg permission is not
given. (Bug #14806)
- [Fix] Implemented strict check for cached user permissions and
existing ACL options. This fix makes sure cached permissions are valid,
even if they got already cached.
- [Fix] Do not show link to user/group profiles if user has no
permission to view the linked page and gets a denied message anyway.
- [Fix] Do not display last post link and sort display options for
search engines. (Bug #15088)
- [Fix] Make sure users still get notifications if they set to only be
notified by Jabber, but Jabber service disabled. (Bug #29715 - Patch by
- [Fix] Don't show forum subscription link on categories. (Bug #34895)
- [Fix] Display a message if no topics or forums are selected when
unsubscribing. (Bug #34855)
- [Fix] Mark/unmark all links in UCP now select/unselect both subscribed
topics and forums.
- [Fix] Increase board topic counter when splitting topics. (Bug #32125)
- [Fix] Display profile icons when viewing a topic, or PM when only the
jabber icon is to be visible. (Bug #34755)
- [Fix] Do not send PMs with warnings if the user cannot read PMs or
they are disabled. (Bug #30815)
- [Fix] Correctly convert Niels' Birthday MOD to the date format used in
phpBB3. (Bug #32895)
- [Fix] Parse BBCode lists of type square, circle and disc. (Bug #35295)
- [Fix] Round the displayed percentages in polls. (Bug #32375)
- [Fix] Disable mass e-mail when e-mail is disabled. (Bug #27385)
- [Fix] Display coloured poster username of queued posts displayed on
the front of the MCP.
- [Fix] Moderators can only see reports/queue/logs from forums they can
actually read. (Bug #31085)
- [Fix] Correctly display topic when start parameter is equal to the
number of posts.
- [Fix] Correctly display topic in MCP when start parameter is equal to
or greater than the number of posts. (Bug #30525)
- [Change] No longer allow the direct use of MULTI_INSERT in
sql_build_array. sql_multi_insert() must be used.
- [Change] Display warning in ACP if config.php file is left writable.
- [Change] More restrictive chmod to new files being created.
(phpbb_chmod() function mostly by faw)</li>
- [Change] Set headers to allow browsers to better cache attachments
(Mylek pointed this out)
- [Change] Hide parameters if they equal the default in
viewforum/viewtopic (Bug #31185)
- [Change] Various improvements to group listings (Bugs #32155, #32145,
#32085, #26675, #26265)
- [Change] Set headers for IE 8 in file.php
- [Change] Do not count queued posts to user_posts.
- [Change] Allow setting birth year to current year.
- [Change] Do not use the topics posted table when performing an egosearch.
- [Change] Log the forum name that topics are moved into.
- [Change] Automatically add users/groups to the PM recipient list, if
entered or selected.
- [Change] Reply to PM now includes all previous recipients and not only
the original sender.
- [Change] Make topic selection for merge less confusing by removing
unneeded controls. (Bug #21925)
- [Change] MCP topic view checkboxes now default to unchecked.
- [Change] Adjust language key "SPLIT_AFTER" to make the action clearer.
- [Change] Add links to the post and forum when viewing a report from
the MCP. (Bugs #33795, #33805)
- [Change] Remove NUL-Bytes directly in request_var() for strings and
within the custom DBAL sql_escape() functions (MSSQL, Firebird, Oracle)
(reported by AdhostMikeSw)
- [Feature] Allow limited inheritance for template sets.
- [Feature] Allow hard disabling of the template editor.
- [Feature] Allow setting custom language path through
$user->set_custom_lang_path(). $user->lang_path now also do not
include the user language, but only the path.
- [Feature] Ability to define nullar/singular/plural language entries
- [Feature] Ability to mimic sprintf() calls with $user->lang() with
the ability to correctly assign nullar/singular/plural language entries.
- [Feature] Added the possibility to force user posts put in queue if
post count is lower than an admin defined value. Guest posting is not
affected by this setting.
- [Feature] Added 'max_recipients' setting for private messages. This
setting allows admins to define the maximum number of recipients per
private message with a board-wide setting and a group-specific setting.
- [Feature] Added new permission setting for sending private messages to
groups. Now there are two permissions to define sending private messages
to multiple recipients and private messages to groups.
- [Feature] Allow specific connection to different server for jabber
functionality by providing a valid JID as username. This also allows the
use of talk.google.com as jabber server with gmail.com JIDs. (Bug #14989)
- [Sec Precaution] Stricter validation of the HTTP_HOST header (Thanks
to Techie-Micheal et al for pointing out possible issues in derived code)
A short explanation of how to do a conversion, installation or update is
included within the provided INSTALL.html file, please be sure to read it.
Security issues found should be reported to our security tracker at
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/security/ in the usual way.
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens,
timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch"
method for updating.
With this release, there are five packages available.
Full Package: Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.
Automatic Update Package: Update package for the automatic updater,
containing the changes from previous release to this release.
Changed Files Only: Contains only those files changed from previous
versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for
each previous release.
Patch Files: Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of
Code Changes Package: Update package for manual updating, containing the
code changes from previous release to this release. The changes are
provided as the old MOD Teamplate Format and the new MODX format.
Select whichever package is most suitable for you. As a tiny guide we
recommend the following methods based on the requirements:
- For a new installation you should use the Full Package
- For updates of boards without modifications you can basically use the
Automatic Update Package (guided udpate) or the Changed Files Only
package (manual update).
- For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic
Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you
can use the Patch Files Package.
- International Support Teams may use the Code Changes Package to better
support users having problems with conflicts or specific code sections.
- If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files
Package to update all of your client installations.
*Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before
proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!*
Automatic Update Package:
Changed Files Only Package:
Patch Files Package:
Code Changes Package:
To correctly perform an update, do not forget to re-enable the PHPBB_QA
constant within your includes/constants.php file. Else you are not
prompted for an update within the ACP and the automatic update will fail.
Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Team
Important messages and news, make sure to read these.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Past Contributor
- Posts: 1967
- Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 20:48
- Real name: Igor
Meik sent out an announcement to the QA mailing list:
Donate to phpBBModders.net - we're poor!
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests