Project Tindall

Important messages and news, make sure to read these.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Project Tindall

Postby Obsidian » 29 Sep 2009, 17:17

Hello all

Over the past few months, phpBBModders has undergone many changes such as new staff, changes to the forum lineup, a new IRC channel, and so on.

I am here to say this pattern of making changes to phpBBModders will continue.

Recently, myself and the rest of the phpBBModders staff have come to realize that the novelty of Operation Tsunami has worn off, and that the community surrounding phpBBModders is not as active anymore on the site.
We saw this happening, and began to draw up some plans to combat this problem.

What I announce here is the fruit of our internal discussions and many hours of work amongst all of the staff at phpBBModders -- and it is only the beginning of bigger things to come.

Project Tindall

I am proud to announce the unveiling of Project Tindall -- a three phase project to reinvigorate phpBBModders and build a better website. We will be adding new tools to aid modders in the development and release of MODs, along with changing some things to attract more users to the site.

Phase one

Phase one will consist of something similar to what made Operation Tsunami a smash hit -- phpBBModders will be receiving a new style, designed by our very own Semi_Deus.
Previously, there was a style prototype in progress until Semi_Deus's computer crashed and all work on the style was lost; all we have left of the previous style prototype is this screenshot here

revv2.jpg

Fear not, though, as Semi_Deus still has his spectacular talent and has concocted something even better for our new style -- he has shown the staff screenshots of the current prototype and the general consensus is just us all drooling -- but unfortunately at this time we cannot release any previews of the current style prototype; we want the style to be a surprise when it is released. :)

Phase two

Phase two will consist of a secret modification codenamed "Xerxes" to phpBBModders, which I am personally coding. At this time, it is still early in development and I cannot release any details as the design of this modification is still rapidly changing to suit our needs.

Phase three

Phase three will consist of us giving back to the community. Details are still rough at this time, however we will finally be doing something that the community has asked for, for a very long time. At the moment, this includes several branches which will be worked on, one at a time, by our very own MOD team. Upon completion of the first item, we will reveal the rest to the public.

That's all the details that we have to offer at this time -- now for some messages to those that support the site. To our supporters, we thank you for your gracious donations; they mean a lot to us and they keep the site going. To my staff, I can't thank you guys enough for your time and dedication; we've all been through a lot, and now we finally have something to show for what we have done. To our members, we thank you for your interest; keep coming back and participate, and you may even make the phpBB community a better place for those new to it.

Stay tuned everyone, we're busy at work on the rollout of Project Tindall; when we have further news for you all, you'll see it right here on [url=http://phpbbmodders.net]phpBBModders.net[/url].

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Project Tindall

Postby Obsidian » 29 Sep 2009, 17:25

You may discuss this announcement [url=http://phpbbmodders.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3774]here[/url].

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Announcements”