Personal Feel, great

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go .
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Personal Feel, great

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 04 Jun 2008, 21:36

I used to go to StarTrekGuide.com as my main source for support, and general reading, but after the launch of the new phpBBModders.net site, I find myself coming here more often. I think it's the personal feel. This is nothing against STG, it's great, and I'm staff there, but it's great having this "We don't have 3000 morons posting stupid questions" feel. It also feels good having the Administrators actively participating in nearly every topic.

Great job guys!!!

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Personal Feel, great

Postby blazes816 » 04 Jun 2008, 22:52

On behalf of myself, who personally has done nothing, no work on the site, not helped anyone, barely even participated, I thank you for your kind words.
User Number 9e071a3a594a8964cbefe784f8a6afaa94c0de17
My MODs:

EY
Supporter
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby EY » 05 Jun 2008, 04:43

Never Say Never!

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 05 Jun 2008, 09:43

Yes, but this particular site is not exactly aimed at noobs, stupid questions go on phpbb.com or STG, not here :lol:

Oh, and, thanks harmlessgoat :beer:

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 11:57

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 05 Jun 2008, 14:39

Please hold your temper a bit, guys and stay respectful. I appreciate your kind words towards this site, but please do not bash others. I'm going to leave this topic open, but if you cannot keep the "voice level" down, i am going to have to lock it.

- we're poor!

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 05 Jun 2008, 16:02

lol leroy you really paid attention int he meetings eh :P. i think our main aim, and what we have so far achieved successfully was creating the atmosphere we have. we always had teh personal touch, the team try not to see themselves as superior (only behind closed doors :twisted: ) and try to keep active on the forums.

As for what david is saying, in essence its true, sometimes noobs need direction and that can easily be given, just sometimes you can't expect everyone else to fix your problems, we can guide you but you only learn once you understand how to fix the problem and what caused it.

now stop ruining the nice atmosphere and stop arguing! :beer: thanks btw though david :)

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 16:36

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 05 Jun 2008, 17:33

Who's bashing who then? :? :|

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby blazes816 » 05 Jun 2008, 17:37

Anthony is bashing baby seals.
User Number 9e071a3a594a8964cbefe784f8a6afaa94c0de17
My MODs:

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 17:59

I believe that I was "bashing" "noobs" (although I detest the term...) by saying that I don't have a problem with them unless they become extremely demanding (which they often do) or blame their problems on others.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 06 Jun 2008, 10:44

Well, i guess you shouldn't be using it then. :P

All kinds of people come to communities to ask questions. If somebody asks a question, he obviously needs some help. He may be a "newbie" or just have a problem.

Not all of these people are very good at asking questions. A lot of people are not. They don't provide enough information, they write unclearly. They don't finish their sentences. At phpBB.com jon (SHS) used to have a link to [url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url].

I think the issue is not that the people (these people i was refering to above) are "noobs", but it's that they just aren't able to ask their questions properly. I've seen many easy questions been asked, i don't mind answering them. I also started somewhere. But the more relevant information you give, the better others will be able to help.

- we're poor!

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 06 Jun 2008, 13:17

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 06 Jun 2008, 13:49

Return to “phpBB Modders”