phpbbmodders ripped?

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go here.
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: phpbbmodders ripped?

Post by Semi_Deus »

Tom@S wrote:my site is not copying this style, it is only inspirated by it, grafic make his own css and html files, his own logo and images, nothing is copyied only idea, i think about i will add someting like this style is based on blablal, but i want less text in footer that is possible

That would be perfectly fine. And we are ok with your style as it is. Just don't make it look too much like this one.
Keep an eye on us, were back in business..
Tom@S

Post by Tom@S »

look, i am not grafic i just pay for it. thats all, i dont need any problems or bad fractions, thats why i write here.
i add in footer that my style is inspired by Revolution Style and maybe i add some link here or where
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Semi_Deus »

Tom@S wrote:look, i am not grafic i just pay for it. thats all, i dont need any problems or bad fractions, thats why i write here.
i add in footer that my style is inspired by Revolution Style and maybe i add some link here or where

Ehm, we aren't giving you any problems. There was just a discussion going on, whether your site looked too much like ours, or not. And we have decided it does look like ours, but in a way it is not a problem. so you van keep the current design.
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

But it's not image copy if they make their own that just look the exact same....
That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever
Tom@S

Post by Tom@S »

yes we have all our own, images, logo, css files, all, but i add link following here to a original style ;)
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Semi_Deus »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:But it's not image copy if they make their own that just look the exact same....

Yes that is copy, its recreation of something thats already been made, in other words, copy.
I ''stole'' the idea from some else. While the idea has already been executed once.
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Copyright is the actual work, not the idea. I think someone can recreate as long as they make their own images...
That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Semi_Deus »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:Copyright is the actual work, not the idea. I think someone can recreate as long as they make their own images...

Whats the use of copyright then? ;)
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

well, certain things, like the phpBB modders header would be hard to reproduce without using the image...
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Semi_Deus »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:well, certain things, like the phpBB modders header would be hard to reproduce without using the image...

True, but possible for pro-photoshoppers.
Anyways. Back on topic, since we are too wandered off.
The site referred too is not in trouble, and we will not take action.
House

Post by House »

I don't think questioning or even discussing what actually falls under copyright marks in this thread is really off-topic.. But whatever. :|
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

I think the whole point of this topic is the copyrights and if it falls under copyright or not...well, along with the whole other sites thing...
Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Post by Semi_Deus »

No, what I've been trying to explain is; we could have decided that it was ripped, and that he should remove it, and we were going to take actions against the site. But we didnt. So we loosened up our copyright rules. So what ive been trying to say is, is that anyone can create his own copyright rules, for his own creation/project etc..
CMCDragonkai

Post by CMCDragonkai »

It's true, anyone can. And one part of copyright is the fact that the owner of that copyright has the right to choose the rights to copy for the copyright.
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Yes, Roelof, but there are limitations on what you can put in copyrights, and that is what we are discussing. I can't make a website layout and copyright the idea of using grey and red, for example. I know this isn't that extreme, I'm just trying to point out there are limitations, and we are discussing where those limitations are.