Some request/improvements for Hide User Details Mod

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go .
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ALIENQuake
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some request/improvements for Hide User Details Mod

Postby ALIENQuake » 20 Feb 2011, 15:18

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Some request/improvements for Hide User Details Mod

Postby RMcGirr83 » 21 Feb 2011, 13:30

Check the js edits to viewtopic_body.html. The javascript changes what is displayed.

ALIENQuake

Postby ALIENQuake » 02 Mar 2011, 17:58

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 02 Mar 2011, 18:04

Uhmmm, it already uses js to open and close. What was the purpose of your friend doing the js you posted?

ALIENQuake

Postby ALIENQuake » 03 Mar 2011, 16:21

Well, he tell me that he will do it "better". I find this pretty much ok but there are some issues eg:

- i can't chose what elements i can hide without modifying script, i was able to figure out how to change it in you original mod, but now I'm lost

- before second icon will be load to user browser, the "Show information" text is moved to the left side, when the loading close icon is finished, it move whole information back to the correct location - it is small but bad visual behavior

If you want, you can use this example to improve you mod.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 04 Mar 2011, 02:13

Then I guess it isn't really better if you are having issues with it.

ALIENQuake

Postby ALIENQuake » 09 Mar 2011, 19:44

Ok ... no motivation for improvements :( I guess i will have to live with "what mod i should chose now, there are two but they can work as expect only after combine them" :( :( :(

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 09 Mar 2011, 20:56

There is nothing to "improve" as I am not really sure what it is you are talking about as is. I have the mod installed on my forum and it works just fine. Then again it may be a style issue as well.

Provide some screen shots or something for someone to be able to assist you further.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 09 Mar 2011, 23:01

This MOD works better than described AND it would be fairly easy to hide certain elements from users within the MOD.
I SUCK at PHP - I'm only a 4.5 on a 1-10 scale and this MOD was one of the easier ones to get up and running and to manipulate.

Oopsie
_____
Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

_____
And be kinder than necessary, for everyone
you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Return to “phpBB Modders”