Old married couple's secrete to a long marriage

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Old married couple's secrete to a long marriage

Postby Sniper_E » 22 Jun 2012, 02:22

This old married couple was having their 60th anniversary party.

The granddaughter, now through two divorces, was asking them at the end of the party how were they able to make their marriage work for so long. She was amazed at how they could endure through that many years together.

She asked her grandfather, "How did you two make it work for so long?"

"Well dear, it started back when we first got married. We went on a horse back ride into the mountains to a secluded log cabin for our honey moon. On the trail up the mountain we went though a very narrow path with a cliff hundreds of feet down. The horse your grandmother was ridding slipped on the edge and they almost went over. Your grandmother yelled at her horse to watch it... and said that's one. A little further up the narrow path the horse slipped on the edge again. Your grandmother slapped her horse across the head and yelled I said watch it... and said that's two. Then the horse slipped again. Your grandmother yelled at her horse and unmounted. She reached in her saddle bag, pulled out a pistol, shot the horse and it fell over the cliff. I looked at her and asked her what in the world did she do that for... don't you think that was a little harsh? She turned and looked back at me and said... That's one. And we have gotten alone every since then."
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Old married couple's secrete to a long marriage

Postby Ooopsie » 22 Jun 2012, 03:15

My Dad told me that one about 30 years ago. It was great to see / hear it again. Brought back great memories.

martin123456
Old member
Old member

Postby martin123456 » 22 Jun 2012, 14:48

:D :D :D

yu657
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby yu657 » 25 Jun 2012, 06:17

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Return to “General Discussion”