New O/S release from Down Under.

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Blackwolf_Oz

New O/S release from Down Under.

Postby Blackwolf_Oz » 16 Jun 2013, 10:18

Oz Unity – Diamond II-B 64 Release.

Preface:

“Struggle is the food from which change is made, and the best time to make the most of a struggle is when it's right in front of your face.

Now, I know that might sound a bit simplistic, but, too often we're led to believe that struggling is a bad thing, or that we struggle because we're doing something wrong.

I disagree. I look at struggle as an opportunity to grow. True struggle happens when you can sense what is not working for you and you're willing to take the appropriate action to correct the situation. Those who accomplish change are willing to engage the struggle.” ― Danny Dreyer

Concept:

To build upon the 'Ubuntu' base and provide a system which intermediate to advanced Linux users would find inviting and intuitive to use, enhanced with applications that the majority of users would require on a day by day basis which could easily be tailored to any individuals needs. We will continue to evolve into something that will become indispensable for personal computer users world wide.

Installation:

Burn the downloaded ISO 'image' to a DVD and then boot from the DVD. Alternatively if you don't have an optical drive, you can create a startup disk to USB flash drive and then boot your computer from there.

Known Issues:

For people who wish to change the default language, please reinstall the package 'locales' via the Synaptic Package Manager after installation is complete.
Also, please delete the folder /home/.cache/thumbnails as root if you don't have thumbnails appearing.

If you would like to be part of this project, you are more than welcome to do so in whatever form you would like. From a tester, suggester to artist and coder. It should be fun and informative and together we may well just change the world.

Disclaimer:

Diamond is based on the Ubuntu 13.04 core. This IS NOT an LTS (Long Term Support) base and carries with it all the possible risks/issues associated with what I call a rolling release.
Whilst we've tried to test on as many different units as we could there is no guarantee it will work on all. If you like this remix, then GREAT! if not, thanks for trying but please don't 'hate' - we're simply trying to 'give back' to a community that has given us so much.

Credits:

This has been a collaborative work, taking on board suggestions provided by the Oz Community. In great part, I would like to thank (in no particular order); Blackwolf, INX, linuxfreack, ryanvade, pam, LinuxPusher, Stanca and there are a whole bunch of people behind the scenes that help promote and distribute this remix.

Requirements:
64 Bit Architecture Computer
1Gb Ram (minimum)
15Gb Available HDD
Video Accelerator suggested but not essential.
Download:
MD5Sum: fa1c36b8ff85e1cd31d05bac6eda6105

[url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/Oz%20Diamond%20II-B/]Click Me to Download[/url]

For further Information go to:
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zAi6AB1IKzI
PhpBB3 Version: 3.1.2

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

martin123456
Old member
Old member

Re: New O/S release from Down Under.

Postby martin123456 » 16 Jun 2013, 16:43

Been using this OS for a few days now and it's awsome ;)

Stoker

Re: New O/S release from Down Under.

Postby Stoker » 19 Jun 2013, 02:52

:up:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussion”