3.1 update

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stoker

3.1 update

Postby Stoker » 29 Oct 2014, 11:38

Hello Guys & Girls,

Have you considered if and when you will update to phpBB 3.1?

I have plans for thursday, but not sure. When I update Ill have to redo all mods to be 3.1 compatible and I simply does not have the time for that yet.

martin123456
Old member
Old member

Re: 3.1 update

Postby martin123456 » 29 Oct 2014, 12:13

Yup i'l be staying with 3.0.12 until there is more extensions released i'm not interested in Dev :D

Pond Life
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Pond Life » 29 Oct 2014, 14:38

I never update to a completely new version for at least a few weeks after release, I prefer to wait for any bugs that were missed to be ironed out.

There are a few mods that I currently use that are being converted to extensions so I will be waiting for those. I will probably wait for Rich to convert mChat too, although because the data doesn't have to be carried over I could update and do without it for a while without having to cope with a mutiny.

I'm also working on a revamp of my whole site and plan to update the whole lot at the same time. There's still quite a lot to do so it's unlikely to be finished for at least a month, probably longer. So all things considered it's unlikely that I will be updating this side of Christmas but I would like to get it done before our business gets busy again next spring.

Nully

Postby Nully » 30 Oct 2014, 10:32

I'm waiting for your Mods to become extensions :)

Solidjeuh

Postby Solidjeuh » 30 Oct 2014, 17:23

I'm waiting for some of your mods stoker :)
And Ultimate points, Arcade mod..
So I think I wont update until newt year :)

deejay_xb

Postby deejay_xb » 31 Oct 2014, 10:39

for the moment i will not update.. seems the 3.1 update changed the simplicity of phpbb..
also my board is heavy moded, custom theme etc..

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 31 Oct 2014, 16:03

I'm torn between updating or not. I've just started a new 3.0.12 board which I've modified a fair amount for an episodic adventure I'm making, but because the board's so young it doesn't necessarily need so many extra features.

I've read the "converting a 3.0.x mod into 3.1 extension" topic over at phpbb.com and it's a foreign language for me, I was hoping to be able to sit down and convert some of these mods myself so they work on 3.1 to then allow others to take over the development how they wish, but I don't think that's going to be the case for me.

So with a young board it could be beneficial to get it onto 3.1 and await further extensions - the PBTech style is quite nice IMO, I could customize it a bit to how I'd like it and wait for the extensions from there.

Prosk8er

Postby Prosk8er » 05 Nov 2014, 03:43

i'm gonna update when i'm finished converting the style on my site then add extensions as there available
Tyler
Proud Kiss Portal user on phpBB 3.0.12 + 1.0.20 (build 311-020)

Return to “General Discussion”