an Articel i Wrote...

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Krank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

an Articel i Wrote...

Postby Krank » 29 Dec 2006, 09:38

this is an article i wrote, if or when you have time please read it and give your comments about it, this is an important issue to me, and it might be important to others, or maybe you.

http://long-article.blogspot.com

phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 29 Dec 2006, 10:15

just a few points, what you call asians are considered chinese. whereby china, japan, ect the east asia are considered as the race : chinese and then indians and pakistani (and the indian subcontinent) are called asian.

but yeah. i didn't read all of it cause its damn long :P interesting topic though

Krank

Postby Krank » 29 Dec 2006, 10:27

Vinci

Postby Vinci » 29 Dec 2006, 11:41

okay finished reading ....

interesting. i can give you one reason and im pretty sure of that :)

media influences people so much that they cant even form their own opinion. TV shows them tents, goats, poor people in middle east ... and they generalize it. Many of these people (e.g. in europe or the us) have so less knowledge so they have to believe it, because theres no other "easy" source where they can get information from. People nowadays are just victims of media. And its gonna be an increasing influence by media in future.

If you tell people dubai is in the middle east they probably wouldnt believe it. "Because such an rich and hight-tech metropolis cant be there." *irony*
Last edited by Vinci on 29 Dec 2006, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 29 Dec 2006, 11:51

That is one very long text indeed!

Political correctness is contraproductive, it basicly just means we give it a nice name and everything is fine again, but it doesn't change the facts! You call somebody african, but he is still black. I think it's okay to call somebody black, and somebody else white, because that's the way it is. What's not correct is to treat people badly because of this.

I really like your text, because it actually describes the whole story from a differen't point of view. If you don't watch the media, you're uninformed. If you watch the media, you're misinformed. Just hear bush say "These islamic terrorist need to be stopped". It's not going to improve the situation... and it's not stopping the prejustice.

I don't think that the media (TV, CNN) are reliable sources to find out how it really looks somewhere. And how the people live there. What i like to say though, is that you shouldn't hate the media, you should be the media.

:)

- we're poor!

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 18 Feb 2007, 20:41

Bump, i think some more people should read this! :)

- we're poor!

Krank

Postby Krank » 18 Feb 2007, 23:11

:D

Mike TUMS

Postby Mike TUMS » 19 Feb 2007, 02:17

as russian i can say only one thing - 1941-1945 years was the most dfficults years of previous century. Before that - Napoleon, before Napoleon - Tatar-Mangol Igo...
as human i can say that i don't care what nation or single group of extremists bombs our schools, our theatres, our metropoliten's stations or also The Two Towers...
I know that we must destroy all kinds of nationalism or fashism (such as "Skinheads" and "Ku-kluc-clan") in our countries, all kind of religion fanatismic extremism (such as "Crusaiders" in past of Europe)...
People don't get it.

PS: Plz read my signature

Introduction forum's welcome bot. Guru of Indian-style coding .
Russian spy. Master of copypasta. Google's right hand.
Advanced lamer of Modders.

May translate your MOD to Russian.

Mike TUMS

Postby Mike TUMS » 19 Feb 2007, 02:30

Personally to Krank:
When I'm hearing something like "Allah akbar" - i'm gonna crazy, not because I don't like muslims or something, but because almost all terract acts in Moscow starting with this words...

"Do you know that saints will judge the world, Do you not know that we will judge angels?"
/ 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 /

Maktub.

Krank

Postby Krank » 19 Feb 2007, 02:38

Xaos

Postby Xaos » 26 Feb 2007, 18:10

The thing that bothers me:

When you confront muslim extemists about those things you mentioned in the Quran (peace, mercy, no killing/violence, etc.) they say that those only apply to the "true People of Islam". So Being ignorant of your religion and culture (and for that I greatly appologise), does it actually say somewhere in your Quran that anyone not Muslim are heathens or infidels? Not true people?

Krank

Postby Krank » 27 Feb 2007, 10:46

actually yes it does, but not in the terms you used, its basically what every religion says, "we are the right way".

but its not just about confrontation, you have to understand, there are 3 types of extremist, atleast in religion.

1-The Leaders
those are highly educated and very smart individual who found a way to control a group, whether a small one, or a big one, in this case religion (not just Islam, every religion has extremists), they manipulate the terms to suit what they want and need, and to have people doing what they want, with no questions asked.

2-Followers
these are children, raised by the extremist leaders, but not in a form of a family, in a form of an army, or whatever, children that are raised with certain terms "if they are not with us, then they are against us", the only education, or "opening" to the world they get, is from the extremists, they are raised in a controlled environment (suchs as those extremist army camps we see footages of).

3-Screw Ups
these are young people, from the age of 15 to 25, who lived the "wild" life, but ended up screwed with, such as, drugs, stealing...etc they find themselves destroying their lives and because of the way they lived in, they don't trust anyone, sometimes they don't even trust the family, so they turn to the spiritual side, but the problem is, they don't have a clue about whats right, and whats wrong, they don't have common sense, they just know the wild life, so they go to temples, church, mosques..., and sometimes they meet the followers, the followers give advice, so the followers, make the screw ups, meet with the leaders, and the whole process is done again, and again, and again...

lol sounds like a big conspiracy, but its not, its life, we just need to confront it in a different way.

we ignore them, or we "fix" them by killing them, they need to be studied, the reasons must be known, i mean we have campaigns to stop drugs, and make more awareness, but till this day, there is no campaign for life awareness, most of those "soldiers of god" had really bad life, abusive father/mother, corrupted friends, who they trusted the most but then they were betrayed by them...etc

in my opinion, the best way to solve this, is that we don't pass our fears to the children, i mean we inform them in a smart way, because whether you are christian, muslim, jew... or from anywhere a child is a child, a life is a life, everyone knows the value of such things, we need to approach it in a better way.

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 27 Feb 2007, 14:59

Krank

Postby Krank » 27 Feb 2007, 15:34

lol that concept is used everywhere hell even on mars (those damn aliens kakaka)

Mike TUMS

Postby Mike TUMS » 12 Mar 2007, 04:04

Return to “General Discussion”