Need help centering a print on paper though Photoshop

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help centering a print on paper though Photoshop

Postby Saeru » 24 Feb 2007, 07:35

I got a project due for collage but I am running into a bit of a snag. I need to make a brochure in Photoshop CS2, basic paper size, 8.5x11, and have it prited. I got it made, but I can't get it to print to the center of the page, instead theres a bit of a margin on the right edge.

This wouldn't be an issue normally, but this is a two sided brochure, meaning I print it on one side, flip the page and print the other side on the same paper. But cause of the margin on the right side, it's not matching up on both sides of the paper. And seeing as this needs to be folded (in two places), and whitespace trimed, it's not working out. The folds wont be cneterd on one side, and if i trim off the white space, I cut off content on the other side.

If I can get it to print to CENTER of the page on both sides, there wont be an issue, I'd be able to fold and trim it and be even on both sides, but no matter the settings I pick, it prints the same. And if I add a margin to the left side of the page to try and 'center it', then the content on the right side gets pushed/cut off the paper, so that don't work either.

Changing the paper size hasn't done a thing. I know that "letter" has the right side margin. But there isn't any other setting that will print 8.5x11, only 'letter' does. And it isn't working.

Please don't tell me to use 'center to page' or 'scale to fit' been there, done that, both still will not print to the center of the page. Theres a larger margin on one side then the other. And nothing I do will remove it.

I have been at this for days. I NEED this printed. And don't tell me to go some place and have it printed. That's a waste for how this looks and to have 30, two sided pages printed would cost way to much.

Does ANYONE know of away to make this print to CENTER of the page.

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 24 Feb 2007, 12:10

In the "File" menu, click "Print with Preview", at the top of the dialog box, there's an option to center the image on the paper :)

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Need help centering a print on paper though Photoshop

Postby Saeru » 24 Feb 2007, 22:11

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Return to “General Discussion”