Donor Show

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Donor Show

Postby Ganon_Master » 02 Jun 2007, 21:43

How'd you guys like the dutch "Big Donor Show". Honestly, I was lauging my butt off. They sure tricked us into believing they where actually going to give away a kidney! :D

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Donor Show

Postby Noobarmy » 02 Jun 2007, 21:56

is this the program from teh makers og big brother. something like some woman is donating her kidney and then there are people who could receive it or somink?

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 02 Jun 2007, 22:15

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/05/29/kidney.show.ap/index.html]Kidney up for grabs in TV show. - CNN.com[/url]
[url=http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/01/kidney.show.reut/index.html]Kidney-donor TV show a hoax, producers admit. - CNN.com[/url]

They made everyone believe they where going to give away a kidney on TV. They got worldwide attention. Journalists from all over the planet travelled to The Netherlands because this was a "big issue". CNN, BBC, ZDF, even All-Jazeera. But it was just a media stunt to to bring up the donor shortage on the political agenda.(especially in Holland, where donor shortage is higher then ever)

When they reveiled it was a hoax, I was ROFL-ing for 5 minutes.

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 03 Jun 2007, 05:04

lmao. so this isn't actually gonna happen :O well it worked i guess lol

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussion”