Touch Typing

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Touch Typing

Postby Noobarmy » 03 Sep 2007, 06:25

I dunno i was just curious. My friend asked me today how i learnt to touch type so "fast". I personally just learnt from when i ned to type up all my essays eventually i just learnt where all the keys were and can now do it reasonably fast with resonable accuracy (bleh i never bothered to work out my wpm rate). but i'm one of only a few in my year group at school wh0o can actually touch type.

so i was wondering as guys who probably spend a reasonable amont of time on your computers do you know how to touch type? how did you learn? and how do you actually touch type? when i was smaller i had a program which "taught" you how to touch type. you were supposed to put your left hand on a,s,d,f and right on j,k,l,; then with both thumbs on spacebar. but bleh i never liked that i just move around the keyboard searching for the bumps on f and j then find hte rest of the keys.

so yeah ... i'm just wondering. :wtf:

Sithnar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Touch Typing

Postby Sithnar » 03 Sep 2007, 12:05

I can touch type toooo
I type quite quickly but i dont use the "correct" finger for the "correct" keys
sod that would confuse the hell out of me, i just do it with the closest finger
Sith

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 03 Sep 2007, 18:27

I took a typing class.

On a typewriter. :o

I had been playing the piano since I was six years old, so by the end of the first quarter of the class I was typing faster than the teacher. I can't imagine being as productive as I am if I was not able to touch type.

I have no idea what my words per minute is right now, but for a while it was in the high 80's to the low 90's.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 03 Sep 2007, 21:11

:o

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 11 Sep 2007, 03:10

Return to “General Discussion”