Who are you in Real Life?

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Who are you in Real Life?

Postby Noobarmy » 12 Sep 2006, 15:13

So phpBB is a product used worldwide by all races, ethnicities, sexes and social backgrounds so it's always interesting to know who people are :P. I know a lot of people on here (that i know or speak to on MSN) are actually quite young usually teenagers and some of them seem to be using IT as some sort of course so just say who you are and what you do. I don't particularly need a life story :)

So i am .... Anthony Chu, a 13-year old ( :angel: ) male from London with a chinese origin although i'm actually british (as in a hold a british passport). Erm... I've always been a IT person, learnt programming from the age of about 7 (in BP, DOS based programming) and got into web design at 10-ish. Also do a lot of CADCAM based work and have entered numerous competitions in britian and team competitions "internationally".
Into sports, play a lot of tennis and football, watch F1 Racing and Football.

i guess that's it :)

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Le Brand » 12 Sep 2006, 17:49

Great idea...

I'm widely known as Lord Le Brand, I am a 17-year-old bloke and I live in the Netherlands.

I started learning html at 12 or 13, by making sites with frontpage and looking to the html :P . Then I learned css styling at 14 or 15.
And last but not least PHP in april and may this year, by installing MODs on my phpbb forum :P .

I believe, no, I am certain 9/11 2001 has been staged ([url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&hl=en]find out why[/url])

dojo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dojo » 28 Nov 2006, 16:43

I am Ramona.

I am 28, a woman, I live in Romania. On my normal "day" I work as a radio DJ and I spend a lot of time on the internet. I own 10 forums and I am a freelance designer when I am not at the radio. Started with a small site and now I run a big network of personal sites.

I like designing in photoshop and also working on phpBB. I totaly love this script even if I own forums on VB, IPB or myBB too ...
- articles, tutorials, free themes and graphics for forums

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Me

Postby igorw » 28 Nov 2006, 20:15

Well, i though i'd tell the world a little about me :)

My name is igor, i'm a guy from switzerland. I still go to school and in my free time i like going to concerts, playing music, doing something with friends and obviousley... phpbb :D and of course lots of related things, such as forums, webdesign, web development, ect...

- we're poor!

pk

Postby pk » 28 Nov 2006, 21:04

15 year old Caucasian Anglo-American All-Purpose Nerd. Started Learning HTML about 2 years ago, but didn't get serious till about a year ago, when I learnt CSS. I'm beginning to learn PHP as well now.

HoundoftheB

Postby HoundoftheB » 29 Nov 2006, 03:51

Brad Bolman, 15, abiding in the wonderful US of A. Just learning basics of php and what not now. I'm no wizzkid like Anthony seems to be. I juggle, that's what I'm best at.

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby blazes816 » 29 Nov 2006, 04:12

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 29 Nov 2006, 04:24

Rawr, didnt like this post.
Last edited by Afterlife(69) on 31 Dec 2006, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Life in the house :)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 29 Nov 2006, 12:16

- we're poor!

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 29 Nov 2006, 13:52

I wrote that bio ages ago lol copy+paste and changed dates

Besides, I cant let them know I care!
Life in the house :)

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 29 Nov 2006, 15:48

My real name is Hidde Jansen.(any English speaking person will pronounce it wrong at first)
I'm 15 years old and I will (hopefully) graduate from High School in about 4 months.
When I graduate, I'm going to do something with Multimedia.(I don't really know yet..)
Gaming, programming, and designing are the things I like to do in my spare time.(if I have any)

:)

HoundoftheB

Postby HoundoftheB » 04 Dec 2006, 02:39

Does anyone else find it slightly comical that the software being fumbled around with and used by many middle aged and older folks is modded mostly by a lot of kids and teenagers?

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby blazes816 » 04 Dec 2006, 02:58

AMailer

Postby AMailer » 04 Dec 2006, 03:02

I am [url=http://www.google.ca/search?q=Amailer]AMailer[/url].
I used to be highly interested in modding for phpBB until I found out I really don't have much time to do any :P Though when requests come around, I still do them :D

I tried working on a CMS ish (like phpNuke, except, with less security holes :D) but I didn't have time -.- time... anyhow. I'm from Canada, still studying ;D I usually hang around at compsci.ca
>> New - Need a designer?
>> Visit - For all students interested in computer science.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 04 Dec 2006, 07:33

HoundoftheB: I like what noobarmy said :D And i mean, you can never start too early. The younger you are, the faster you learn. Naderman, who is one of the phpBB3 Devs is also "only" 16 (i think), and Anthony Coy is afaik 15 (you would know him from phpBBStyles, he runs HMV, wich is currently down.

Hey AMailer, that sounds more like an introduction to me than a description of who you are in RL... :D Should i split your post? (Just say the word ;)). Time has also been a problem for me in the past. I've still got some MODs in "dev" stage, but i could finally get some done also :D

- we're poor!

Return to “General Discussion”