Board signatures anyone?

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
newsbee_2

Board signatures anyone?

Postby newsbee_2 » 17 Nov 2011, 18:30

Hey guys, has anyone seen the software that makes board signatures, sometimes called forum lines, showing a car, for instance, and the words reading "I've owned the car for six months" or "I'm pregnant for six months"? I banned such signatures from external sites because they disrupt page loading and are mostly ads. Can't find the soft to create them and post at the same site as the board.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Board signatures anyone?

Postby RMcGirr83 » 17 Nov 2011, 23:08

I remember something over at startrek guide...dynamic signature or something like that.

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 18 Nov 2011, 03:59

That would be the dynamic sig.

[img]http://startrekguide.com/community/scripts/user_scripts/sig.gif[/img]
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

newsbee_2

Postby newsbee_2 » 18 Nov 2011, 07:43

These are nice signatures, but I mean something like this:

Screen Shot 2011-11-18 at 11.39.52 AM.png

They keep track of the months/years you drive your car, for instance, etc. There are many ready-made tickers of this kind, but I would like to have one based on my server.

Called also metrics, sliders etc.

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 18 Nov 2011, 16:58

Well, that dynamic sig is not an image.
It's a box with information pulled from the server with a background image.

If you had the scripts or codes setup to where you can have the information you want placed in the page,
then you could use that to insert into a box in your sig with a background image.
Exactly what information from your server would you like to have in each user's sig... what available info?
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

newsbee_2

Postby newsbee_2 » 18 Nov 2011, 20:12

I would like users to enter the model of their car, its picture, the day they bought it, and then they will receive a code that they can put into the signature area, and each day there will be a notice reading how many days, months, years they own this car. This script should not be part of the phpbb code, I guess. Just a separate code. I'm sure there are such codes available on the market, but I can't find them.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 18 Nov 2011, 22:40

http://forum.codecall.net/php-tutorials ... orums.html

Try that I guess. There is no upload function, you would have to make one but that should give you an idea.

Return to “General Discussion”