Anybody know PHP and Perl?

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anybody know PHP and Perl?

Postby pk » 26 Nov 2006, 16:42

I'm wondering, because somebody started work on a interactive website for me in Perl, but could not continue. So now I'm kind of stuck: I only know PHP. Please, does anybody know both languages and have enough time to translate several documents for me?

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 27 Nov 2006, 05:59

I know both, as I'm sure many folks do. How complex are the pages? How much work is already done? Is there any reason you can't just recode them in php yourself, instead of trying to translate them?

pk

Postby pk » 27 Nov 2006, 21:48

The problem is I'm not entirely sure how he did stuff, so it would be hard, and a wasted effort to re-code. I also cannot read the Pages, so I cannot see how he did it either, which is why I require a translation.

So far I don't think it's that complicated, although, once again, as i do not know the language I cannot gauge this accurately. The total mass of all of the files is less than 0.5 Megs, so there can't have been that much done.

What I do know is this:

It uses several DS_Store Files
It uses HTML::Template
It Uses DBI
It has Database interaction.

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 27 Nov 2006, 22:10

perl is text, and half a meg of text content is a lot of code. :-) I'm assuming you're including graphics or something else in there to get to that size; the last complex web site I built in perl was less than 50K in total code size.

Are you looking for free help, or is this a paid effort?

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 28 Nov 2006, 00:58

Also the DS_Store files have nothing to do with the project itself, they are folder info files that macs have a habit of leaving in absolutely every folder.
Life in the house :)

pk

Postby pk » 28 Nov 2006, 16:37

I am not in the position to pay for help, but looking at the files more accurately, I can tell you that the size of the documents it is about 50K, minus a DS_STORE File in each of the folders. There are however no images in the files, as they were all stored on my server, where the skin was made.

Return to “General Discussion”