What made you start modding?

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

What made you start modding?

Postby Noobarmy » 29 Nov 2006, 17:25

If you're a mod author or wish to be one, why did you start modding or wish to become one?

I myself aren't too sure :dah: i really just wanted to make my forum look cooler but sometimes couldn't find the mods i needed so would just script it myself, eventually once i started posting some of these scripts i became familiarised with the coding standards and DBAL and stuff...which is how i ended up in it...but again i'm still nto all too sure why i do it, i guess its as many others say just to give something back to the great phpBB community ;)

what about you :)

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 29 Nov 2006, 17:56

1 or 2 year ago, I was just installing mods. Adding and replacing lines, without knowing what they actually mean and what they would do. And also, I wanted to know how to actually make a MOD. What it takes to be a MOD author.

That's what made me start modding. And it actually is one of my biggest hobbies right now. :P Now I code for fun. Having fun, and at the same time doing something that helps other people, feels good. :)

poyntesm

Postby poyntesm » 29 Nov 2006, 20:08

I saw a MOD I liked for IPB. I did not want to pay money for a forum so I choose phpBB and coded the MOD myself.
My Mods :, ,
My Blog :

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussion”