GoDaddy.... arrrgh

Here non-phpBB topics can be discussed.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WaGuns

GoDaddy.... arrrgh

Postby WaGuns » 10 Feb 2012, 15:46

Yes, I have GD... Yes I should switch and this conversation may turn into that shortly here. My main thing is to see if others have had a similar situation and possibly resolution.

My forum, WaGuns.org is having a timeout issue in regards to creating/replying to posts and PM's. If the user takes longer than 30 seconds (sometimes, it's 10 seconds), they get this error:

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/WaGuns/Timeout.gif[/img]

It happens about 90% of the time to all most members. The good news is that you can hit F5 and resubmit and it will post normally, or go back one page and hit post again (all that was typed is saved). It's an annoyance!

This has been happening for almost 2 weeks now, rarely at first, and now more common. I contacted GD on Tuesday and have been trying to resolve this since. The only thing the tech has done for me besides scratching his head is having me change my php.ini file to a php5.ini file and put in variables for execution time and memory limit. The last day he had me turn on error logging and then to submit my errors after 24 hours. This AM, I submitted those errors (mainly about robots.txt) and he said he wasn't allowed to read them, that I need to talk to my designers.... eeer.... sigh...

His final email to me was suggesting I go VPS and dedicated to guarantee the resources are available for me. My forum is SMALL, 1300 members and only 20-30 on at one time.... WTF.

Version 3.0.9, was planning on upgrading last week but these issues started happening and I wanted resolution prior to execution. There has been no code change to my site at all (except the php.ini file) since this event started.

Any suggestions besides the obvious? Anything I should be yelling at GD about or do something on my end?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GoDaddy.... arrrgh

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Feb 2012, 16:57

That's a server failing to respond and the script times out. You are going to have to move but I don't think you need a VPS...just decent shared hosting. I have had, and so have my clients who have used them, a good experience with westhost.

WaGuns

Postby WaGuns » 10 Feb 2012, 17:19

Thanks Rich, I got off the phone with GD again this am, shortly after typing the post and they are just guessing. Now they had me remove my php5.ini file all together to see if it resolves the problem. We will see....

Not happy and I think I will start searching for a new host. Is there a way to see how much bandwidth my site uses? I am on an economy unlimited plan with GD and I notice a lot of the other hosts are bandwidth based.

Eagle

Postby Eagle » 10 Feb 2012, 17:34

I am quite the Noob when it comes to this stuff but am also having Server Issues with my host FatCow. I can check my bandwidth useage by looking in my Control Panel under the Statistics icon. Not sure if GD's panel is near the same or not. I would think it should be listed somewhere in there.

WaGuns

Postby WaGuns » 10 Feb 2012, 17:39

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Feb 2012, 18:20

Godaddy sucks as a host. As a registrar is a completely different story.

WaGuns

Postby WaGuns » 10 Feb 2012, 19:02

Yhea, my domain is still with them for a few years, but I can kill the hosting at anytime. For people who have done it, is the transition easy? How much downtime etc?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Feb 2012, 19:53

Downtime would be your biggest culprit, HOWEVER, if godaddy is your registrar I haven't experienced downtime more than one day.

Return to “General Discussion”