Troll MOD

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Troll MOD

Postby igorw » 27 May 2008, 16:57

- we're poor!

Mike TUMS

Re: Troll MOD

Postby Mike TUMS » 01 Jun 2008, 17:35

Bwahahaha :D

Introduction forum's welcome bot. Guru of Indian-style coding .
Russian spy. Master of copypasta. Google's right hand.
Advanced lamer of Modders.

May translate your MOD to Russian.

mtotheikle

Postby mtotheikle » 02 Jun 2008, 00:13

This would really make me mad if I was "trolled" and getting long load times etc. yet really funny to have people posting reporting the stuff and you just saying "I'll look into that" way more entertaining than banning people!

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 02 Jun 2008, 08:57

I've also said this in the phpBB.com topic, the way i see it this MOD should not be used for entertainment, and it should not be an alternative way to ban somebody. It should be used if banning doesn't work, if the user has a dynamic IP and keeps reregistering.

But of course admins will always use it for what they want to use it for, i may be a person who is a little shy with the banstick.

- we're poor!

Brandon

Postby Brandon » 02 Jun 2008, 22:30

Over at StarTrekGuide.com Highway of Life made a comment to me lol that my Borg Powers would not stand against the Troll MOD.

I asked him what it was and he didn't reply and now I found this topic and now I do so I cannot stop laughing now. :lol:

array(
'Brandon' => ' VALIDATE_USER ',
),

mtotheikle

Postby mtotheikle » 02 Jun 2008, 23:07

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 02 Jun 2008, 23:36

What does it recognize the user by if they have a dynamic IP and change usernames?

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

mtotheikle

Postby mtotheikle » 02 Jun 2008, 23:50

A user just can't change their name unless they have permissions, unless you mean by re-registering.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 03 Jun 2008, 01:43

Well, if they are going to go through the trouble of changing IP's, of course they will re-register.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 03 Jun 2008, 06:54

There's always limitations to banning somebody, this also applies to the troll MOD. My MOD will basically work the same way as banning, by entering the user id into a table and checking it on login. It will however also set a cookie, so it will still work when the user logs out and even when his IP changes. If he clears his cookies via the link at the bottom of the board, the troll cookie will not be removed. So unless a user clears his cookies (many users do not know about this or don't think about it), he will remain a troll.

There is a reason this MOD is still in alpha stage, i have some plans for it. One of them is the so-called troll-virus. This is a setting that will infect any accounts that are registered with a troll cookie. Currently it will not do that, and i intend to keep that optional.

- we're poor!

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 03 Jun 2008, 18:20

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 05 Jun 2008, 15:26

The first part is singular, the second is plural. That just doesn't look right :lol:. But i'll make it gender-neutral just for you. Thanks! :D

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 15:38

Contrary to this anti sexist crap that is going on, the masculine (he, him, etc.) was the accepted gender neutral form. But now, it is more proper to refer to someone as plural, which makes absolutely no sense.

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 05 Jun 2008, 15:42

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 05 Jun 2008, 16:00

Return to “MOD Feedback”