alphaPORTAL

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Re: alphaPORTAL

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 01 Jul 2008, 15:10

Why would you ? It's a copyright...it's supposed to be there. There isn't an on/off switch.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

dsgx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby dsgx » 01 Jul 2008, 17:29

I did,nt mean the copyright i got problem bout that since its your work, i ment the box in the middle that show,s last post could,nt figure out how to remove it.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 02 Jul 2008, 15:22

Same way you remove everything...go into the ACP module for alphaPORTAL, Module Management, Portal, and delete the "Portal" module inside there.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 08 Jul 2008, 20:53

alphaPORTAL made it as the featured MOD :P

blazes816
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby blazes816 » 08 Jul 2008, 21:31

Congratulations. You beat out some tough competition.
User Number 9e071a3a594a8964cbefe784f8a6afaa94c0de17
My MODs:

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 08 Jul 2008, 23:18

:D

I can't stop smiling :P

Anyways, it's funny because I got a PM from Evil telling me on July 2nd, but I didn't check my PM's until today, because usually I only look when I get an email, but I didn't get an email. That's odd..it says I have "Notify me on Private Messages" turned on, but I don't get any emails...hmm...

Update on alphaPORTAL development: I completely rewrote a lot of stuff to make the subpages infinite, as opposed to how I had it earlier, with a maximum of two levels of subpages (Page->subpage->another subpage). Now, it is infinite, however, the menu looks rather bad if you have too many, because the menu is only so wide...

I took a while of coding for alphaPORTAL, earlier I had been obsessing over things and I couldn't think, but today, when I started again, I accomplished more in 2 hours than I had done in several weeks. :D

I also plan to put alphaPORTAL up for download in two packages: one with the blog, one without. Tell me what you think.

I always appreciate testers and they bug finds/other comments, even if it doesn't seem like it. I'd rather have someone report a bug that isn't a bug than miss a real bug.

Whiskeyjack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Whiskeyjack » 09 Jul 2008, 13:50

I've been playing about with alphaPORTAL a bit after seeing it here as the featured mod. It's looking really good so far, keep up the good word!

Do you have a dev roadmap or anything? There are a few issues and things that I'd love to see, that you may or may not have already thought of.
1. have the menu fully editable through the ACP.
2. custom pages - nice idea, would be great if they could display a single topic as a static page (thereby allowing bbcode formatting etc..) rather than as simple text entered in the ACP. so you'd create a topic in a (hidden) forum, then enter the topic_id in the ACP for the custom page.
3. I was really excited to see some code for attachments on portal.php, but it seems like it doesn't work (inline images or attached files)
4. why does portal.php use a different left sidebar to the one used on other pages ie index.php?
there's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.

definitely package the portal with and without the mod. I haven't tried the blog yet ...I'm sure it's great, but I think it's better to let people decide what mods to install.

Thanks for taking the time to work on this awesome code

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 09 Jul 2008, 15:53

How about having large modules not included in the core package. They could be released as "addons". Like this people can just download those modules they want to use.

- we're poor!

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 09 Jul 2008, 15:57

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 09 Jul 2008, 16:05

Whiskeyjack

Postby Whiskeyjack » 09 Jul 2008, 19:35

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 09 Jul 2008, 21:06

Whiskeyjack

Postby Whiskeyjack » 10 Jul 2008, 07:35

Last edited by Whiskeyjack on 10 Jul 2008, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 10 Jul 2008, 14:24

Then indeed, that is what is happening.

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 11 Jul 2008, 14:58

lets add some contribution to this.
You footer says: Posts anywhere mod by Handyman moddified by harmlessgoat22.
should by modified :beer:

pheew need to take a break after this huge and difficult find... :shock:

Keep an eye on us, were back in business..

Return to “MOD Feedback”