[BETA][1.0.0] Styles Demo MODv1.0.0b

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Frost

[BETA][1.0.0] Styles Demo MODv1.0.0b

Postby Frost » 16 Jul 2008, 08:08

MOD title: Styles Demo MOD
MOD description:

This MOD will add a Styles Demo to your board in a neat and categorized mannor. Your members will be able to view categories of styles, information about them as well as screenshots.

Features:
- Style demo that is inside your phpbb based off the faq page.
- No need to set up an addition website just to show styles and downloads. Allow guests to change styles and you have an all in one solution.
- No dealing with tons of complicated html pages.
- Ability to show your members you are offering an updated version.
- Ability to show 3 quick screenshots utilizing the built in "Greybox" method.
- Option of editing a style on the fly using the language editor built into the ACP. ( ACP => System => Language packs => British English * => help_styles_demo.php => Select)
- If your member knows the style he/she is looking for, they can get to it quickly by clicking that style in the top category list.
- Predefined style options including, "Style: Name, Author(s), Version, Version of phpbb it supports, PSDs included, matching images and a short description"
- Very easy to see and find buttons for a live demo and download, both configurable to whatever links you wish.
- Link to demo added in overall_header for easy access quickly.
- + Many more... (This is getting too long)

MOD version:1.0.0b
phpBB version:3.0.2

Development stage:
Released
MOD Format: MOD / MODX
MODX
MOD download:
http://www.white-fusion.com/downloads/Styles_Demo_Modv1_0_0b.zip
Demo:
http://white-fusion.com/phpbb/styles_demo.php
Credits:
eviL<3 for the inspiration and idea to do something with faq (his rules page mod)

Other Notes:

I'm going to go ahead and submit this to the MODdb and I know it will be rejected since it's my first mod. (I'm a designer, not a modder /sigh) :D

Anyway, I felt since I got the idea to do it in this format from eviL<3's rules page mod, I would show it here first.

I have been trying to find a way to let users edit the values of the arrays via the acp but have failed miserably. I did find something similar when I stumbled upon EXreaction's (I think) FAQ Manager mod, but his is set up to only edit the values for the faq arrays, which are only two, my mod uses 23...

Side-note: eviL<3 did you know people can edit your mod using his FAQ Manager as well? Even add new categories and fields... might look into using that :shock:

Ok, so there's my first mod, have fun and if anyone has any ideas for making an acp module for this I would love to hear it.

Dugi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [BETA][1.0.0] Styles Demo MODv1.0.0b

Postby Dugi » 11 Nov 2008, 21:29

the demo isn't working :(

Return to “MOD Feedback”