[DEV] alphaCASH

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

[DEV] alphaCASH

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 08 Aug 2008, 21:53

MOD title: alphaCASH
MOD description: a points system/cash MOD
MOD version: 0.1.x
phpBB version: 3.0.2

Development stage: DEV

MOD Format: MODX

MOD download:
Checkout from here...

Demo: none

Notes: I was bored this morning, so I decided to make a MOD. I decided to make a cash mod, so this is what I came up with. Current features include setting number of points either globally or on a per forum basis, possibly different number of points for starting a topic and replying to one, donating points to other users, and moderator privileges to remove points from a user. Also planned are settings in the ACP for taking points away from users when they get warned or banned automatically, if the admin wants.

For any feature requests, just reply here.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Names should have something to do with harmlessgoat22 or 'alpha'.
Last edited by harmlessgoat22 on 19 Aug 2008, 01:01, edited 2 times in total.

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

Mr. Bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [DEV] harmlessCASH

Postby Mr. Bond » 08 Aug 2008, 22:08

Sounds cool, I think alphaCASH will sound better :P

Do you plan on making like a full on cash MOD with other currencies and all that stuff, or just keep it simple?
• •

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 08 Aug 2008, 22:51

Perhaps, but it's not a top priority. I might make it so you can change it from saying "100 points" to "100 USD", or whatever you choose, but I don't know about conversion between yen and euros, etc.

As for keeping it simple, I doubt it will be simple. I plan on having lots of cool stuff, including a shop with categories, with unlimited subcategories, etc., auctions, so user's can bid on stuff, and lots more, hopefully. I think that this MOD will be very cool for graphics forums, where people can make layouts, etc., and auction them off, and perhaps even being able to buy ad space on a site with them. Although, personally, I probably won't use this on my forums, I think for many sites, it's a great idea. Plus, alphaPORTAL only has a few things that need to be done, including subsilver2 support, which I really don't want to have... :P

For any other ideas, just reply!

Yeh, I like alphaCASH better too :P

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 08 Aug 2008, 22:57

Haha I just looked at Ganon Master (I believe)'s Simple Points System, and realized that we had many of the exact same ideas, even though I hadn't read through that topic haha! Great minds think alike

Mr. Bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mr. Bond » 08 Aug 2008, 23:45

• •

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 09 Aug 2008, 00:47

I detest subsilver. I wouldn't even add it, except that would be alienating a lot of users...

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 09 Aug 2008, 13:56

Hmm... Most of those features were basicly already in my MOD untill i decided to remove the donation feature.(wich I will release as a seperate MOD by popular request.) The features that I didn't add where points taken away when a user gets warned. Good job on coming up with that one. :) Are you using a new table to keep track of points (Handyman style), or just a field in the users table? (if so, is it user_points?)

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 09 Aug 2008, 21:25

Users table, user_points column. I'm guessing that's what you did, eh? haha.

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 10 Aug 2008, 11:11

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 10 Aug 2008, 12:14

Haha. Well, now, I'm adding currencies, but the way I'm doing it is this...

You are going to be able to set the default currency, but everything is in terms of points. eg USD = 5 points, Euro = 8 points, or whatever a euro is worth in comparison to the dollar. But I'm not going to add currencies by default, that'll be just for if a user wants. It'll still default to using points.

I haven't found this whole thing too difficult yet, my main concern being the amount of edits, because you have to add this information, to the memberlist, the user profile, and view topic, So for memberlist, that's a couple template edits, as it's a table, user profile just one, and same with view topic, but there's also the php edits.

I'm actually thinking that it might be better if I add these things as custom profile fields, and have them updated everytime someone donates points...but I haven't really looked into that, and I'm not sure how well it'll work.

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 10 Aug 2008, 16:20

Almost done with currencies...well, I'm done for now. I'll go back later.

Currently, you can decide if you want to use currencies, or points, and set the default currency. As of right now, you can only use one currency at a time, however. You can't say you want to give someone 50 yen when the default currency is Pesos, for instance. I'm not sure how I'm going to have it from here...I'll probably give users the option for their default currency, and then they'll view everything in their currency...all the admin and moderator stuff is just in points, however, and I think I'll leave it that way.

Now, I'm going to take a break...and then start on the shop.

aikyam

Re: [DEV] alphaCASH

Postby aikyam » 31 Aug 2008, 23:00

Hi buddy,

please let me know why i get this error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate column name 'user_points' [1060]

SQL

ALTER TABLE `aikyam_users` ADD COLUMN `user_points` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 618
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 910
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: schema.php
LINE: 59
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_column_add()

I have done just as said in the install ... :(

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 01 Sep 2008, 01:03

Hmm, have you ever installed a different Cash MOD or Points System on that phpBB3 board?

aikyam

Postby aikyam » 01 Sep 2008, 04:09

Not that i am aware of...its quite a new forum...but the first admin had left sometime back...how do i make sure ? :cry:

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 01 Sep 2008, 23:41

I possibly have the thing to add the user_points column twice in the install file, but I don't think so...are you sure you didn't run schema.php twice?

Return to “MOD Feedback”