phpBB Modders Article System?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ZakRhino
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpBB Modders Article System?

Postby ZakRhino » 07 May 2009, 20:24

Hello I see the article system here on phpBB Modders and have not been able to find any type of article system in any research I done so far. Below is says, "articles system written by igor (and not hidde)" I wanted to know if the user Igor has release this as a mod or where I can find this mod at or something close to a article system out there somewhere?
Thanks

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: phpBB Modders Article System?

Postby igorw » 07 May 2009, 20:56

Hi. I am Igor. And I've not released the code so far, sorry. I may consider it in the future, though.

- we're poor!

ZakRhino

Postby ZakRhino » 07 May 2009, 22:09

No problem thanks now I know whom you are. Thanks you did make a great mod. :) Can't wait for it to come out. Till then you have any good directions to point me to check out where I can find something like the article system you mad? I check phpBB mod list but no good.

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 07 May 2009, 22:14

I know Mr_Bond (a.k.a. Deadpool) has something similar that he's built and is currently developing over on [url=http://the-webmasters-resource.info]his site[/url].

It's not released yet though, since it hasn't stabilized in the development lifecycle. ;)

ZakRhino

Postby ZakRhino » 08 May 2009, 01:12

v1r

Postby v1r » 09 May 2009, 01:25

Any new release ?

ZakRhino

Postby ZakRhino » 20 May 2009, 09:25

Just waiting :)

Nathan

Postby Nathan » 22 Nov 2009, 13:23

Is it going to be released? :P

imkingdavid
Supporter
Supporter

Postby imkingdavid » 07 Mar 2010, 03:50

I have cloned it for someone else but won't be releasing it. The clean urls took more than 5 days to get them to work properly because phpBB uses relative paths. The issue is that for PHP includes, the path is relative to the actual file that is calling it, but for images and CSS and such, the path is relative to the URL in the browser. So I had to do some crazy PHP to switch around phpbb_root_path depending on where you are in the file and what you're trying to do. :P

I wonder how Igor got it working... :mrgreen:
phpBB.com Development Team Member | |
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 07 Mar 2010, 04:50

Simple: A template::display() hook that does a preg_replace, converting all URLs to something usable. That fixes the URLs for phpBB's template variables. The custom site variables are generated directly as "cute URLs" and need no conversion.

- we're poor!

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 07 Mar 2010, 14:56

I do believe there's a hook in the [url=http://phpbbmodders.net/board/viewforum.php?f=94]library[/url] that does this, as well. ;)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 07 Mar 2010, 17:18

- we're poor!

imkingdavid
Supporter
Supporter

Postby imkingdavid » 09 Mar 2010, 01:57

Last edited by imkingdavid on 10 Mar 2010, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
phpBB.com Development Team Member | |
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Nathan

Postby Nathan » 10 Mar 2010, 07:08

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”