Starting?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
comkid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Starting?

Postby comkid » 28 Jun 2009, 11:35

Where do you recommend starting to learning how to MOD?

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Starting?

Postby igorw » 28 Jun 2009, 11:46

Here's some info: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/. There's also a lot on the phpBB wiki: http://wiki.phpbb.com/Main_Page

- we're poor!

comkid

Postby comkid » 28 Jun 2009, 11:53

Thank You :D

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 28 Jun 2009, 12:10

Also, you might want to brush up on your PHP skills before you start any serious 'modding.
There's a few books on PHP that are good, but also as you're coding it is usually handy to have http://php.net open for the function reference guide.

Raskolnikov

Postby Raskolnikov » 19 Dec 2010, 07:25

Hello! First of all, sorry for my bad english!!

I'm new to PHP, specially in OOP. I want to learn how to program with objects and that kind of things, i have never done that. What book is good for learning OOP PHP??? I've been searching but i have no clue which is really good for learning. Also i have a couple of questions about PHPBB in order to develop some mods, but i think that's for another topics... please be patient with me!! If you dont know any book but some web tutorial that works for me too!!

Thanks in advance!

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”