Want to embed phpbb

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the phpBB 3.1.x discussion forum.

Want to embed phpbb

Post by iMage »

Hi i have searched for tutorials on doing this googling,and have only come up with dead ends,i did find one guy that had a tut,but he used MS Frontpage , which is awesome i guess for Windoze users,but i use Linux myself (Ubuntu)

i dont necessarily want to embed it right in my page,but to make it kinda look as though it is by adding the header,footer,bg etc from the index of my site (quite similar to the way this site works in nav,i assume this is a portal for phpbb though)

im a newbie coder as you can probably already tell from my rather crappy description on what i am trying to accomplish here,but if someone is able to decode what i mean (lol) and offer some advice on this i would appretiate it.

if you need to see my site i am wanting to integrate i will post it here,but not without first being asked,i rather not be labelled spammer lol

thanks
onehundredandtwo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Want to embed phpbb

Post by onehundredandtwo »

Does your site run on a CMS at all, or is it static HTML?
.snow

Post by .snow »

Well if you would like to integrate phpbb into your current design, you could start by just editing the header and footer.
then move onto editing the css for your needs.
This all depends on whether you want the forum to look abit like prosilver.
then you can start tweaking the colours to your liking.

Post by iMage »

first i would like to thank you both for your replies

as i said previously i am a newbie when it comes to any coding really,my site is a arcade site that uses Smarty Templates,i have played around with diffrent things trying to integrate the header and footer of the arcade to phpbb2,but havent had any luck with that so far,i do however know how to change the width and remove the unnessary forum title from phpbb2 which will make it fit better to look as though it is integrated into my site,my problem is which parts of the overallheader/footer to add the code from the header/footer from my site

im not trying to spam,but this is my site here,please understand mods i am only posting it here for the sake of hopefully getting some advice,for now the link ot the forum is in the navbar

Code: Select all

http://play4freearcade.net
imkingdavid
Supporter
Supporter

Post by imkingdavid »

iMage wrote:first i would like to thank you both for your replies

as i said previously i am a newbie when it comes to any coding really,my site is a arcade site that uses Smarty Templates,i have played around with diffrent things trying to integrate the header and footer of the arcade to phpbb2,but havent had any luck with that so far,i do however know how to change the width and remove the unnessary forum title from phpbb2 which will make it fit better to look as though it is integrated into my site,my problem is which parts of the overallheader/footer to add the code from the header/footer from my site

im not trying to spam,but this is my site here,please understand mods i am only posting it here for the sake of hopefully getting some advice,for now the link ot the forum is in the navbar

Code: Select all

http://play4freearcade.net

First of all, I am wondering why you are on phpBB 2 instead of phpBB 3. Also, if you want to stick with phpBB 2 for whatever reason, I suggest you update to the latest version of the 2.0 branch (2.0.23, if I recall correctly) instead of 2.0.6 (as there are quite a few major security issues in it).
From my experience, phpBB 3 is much easier to integrate into another site than phpBB 2, and is much more versatile.

EDIT: Especially because the forum appears to be pretty much brand new due to the small number of posts and the recent timestamps on them, I would suggest just scrapping the phpBB 2.0.6 forum and installing a clean 3.0.7 PL-1 version. But I guess it's up to you. ;)

Anyway, as for your question, if you are really looking to do this, as I can see that it is going to be some extensive work (not just a few small changes), I highly suggest searching Google for some HTML and CSS tutorials so that you can go through the code and see what is going on and possibly change it yourself.

Good luck! :beer:
phpBB.com Development Team Member | View My MODs | View My Website
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.