global and local permissions

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
daveyoi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

global and local permissions

Postby daveyoi » 20 Jul 2009, 08:14

Hi all,

I have read your excellent articles on the subject of adding permissions for a mod and also the phpbbwiki pages too and luckily think I have manged to work it all out. :beer:

One snag I am having is with the dual global and local setup. My setup is as follows:

I am creating a mod that will be used from within the MCP, I need to offer the functionality to the moderator of that forum but also a set of site wide moderators using the global_moderator group. To achieve this I have setup my ACL options (m_ladder_create & m_ladder_edit) with
"is_global" = 1 and "is_local" = 1.

I have my mod setup and my language permissions file created, so am able to assign the permission to the global moderator group and also to users who are added as a forum moderator. When I am logged in as a global modearator I see the tab in the MCP panel as intended, unfortunately this is not the case for the forum moderator. :?:

Any ideas where I am going wrong? I am sure its really simple :oops:

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Re: global and local permissions

Postby Obsidian » 20 Jul 2009, 23:15

Hum, I haven't messed around with the local permissions bit of phpBB much, only the global permissions stuff. I'll take a look at some of the backend source tonight and see if I can find something that helps.

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”