Version control

Discuss the development of future releases of phpBB (phpBB 3.x minor releases) and MODing/Coding related questions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Version control

Postby igorw » 04 Mar 2010, 21:43

What are your experiences with version control tools like SVN, Git, etc.?

Do you use them?

Why or why not?

Which do you use?

- we're poor!

Mr. Bond

Re: Version control

Postby Mr. Bond » 19 Mar 2010, 06:45

I was an SVN user but I decided to jump on the Git bandwagon recently to see what all the fuss was about and now I see :D

I never really had any problems with SVN, it's a really nice system, but Git, from my short experience so far, is faster and has support for proper branching and tagging. That alone is reason enough to use it. Plus I really love the idea of a distributed system ;)
• •

Return to “phpBB Development discussion”