Human SPAMMER

Discussion about phpBB 3.1.x.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stoker

Human SPAMMER

Postby Stoker » 10 Jan 2015, 05:40

I have a returning human spammer who uses different names, ips and emails.
The only thing there is in common is words in the link he posts.

To prevent this I have activated post approval, but find it kind of time consuming to approve posts...

Any ideas on a workaround?
Regards Stoker

Pond Life
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Human SPAMMER

Postby Pond Life » 10 Jan 2015, 12:34

Word censor his links?

There used to be a kitchen company in the UK that must have used a dodgy (is there any other kind?) 'seo' company . The links were similar but varied by town name, they always included 'kitchen' though so I added the following word censors...

*kitchen*.co.uk
*kitchen*.com

They still registered to try though but I have since made another change to my site so that anyone in the APNIC region has to request an account rather than being able to register themselves. No use if your target audience is in that region but mine isn't.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 10 Jan 2015, 13:49

Or post approval for new users only.

Stoker

Postby Stoker » 13 Jan 2015, 16:48

Regards Stoker

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 13 Jan 2015, 17:28

Stop being lazy nub.

Return to “phpBB 3.1.x "Ascraeus" discussion”