SVN management

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

SVN management

Postby tumba25 » 11 May 2011, 23:13

MOD title: SVN Management
MOD description: Use a SVN repo to host your forum files and update your forum from that repo.

No direct editing, never overwrite each others changes. You will always have the option to revert the changes and go back to a earlier version of your files.

Never run your forum directly from a SVN repo, create a user with read-only access for the forum and update from ACP.

Assuming you have a working knowledge of SVN and how to set file permissions on your server, then this is a piece of cake.

The intended users for this MOD knows how to use SVN (subversion), how to login to a server and use a CLI and how to use a cli-based text editor. If you do not know those things, then this MOD probably is not for you (sorry). I will not give any support for any of those things.

MOD version: 1.0.0
phpBB version: 3.0.8

Development stage: Stable-ish

MOD Format: MODX

MOD download: http://phpbbmodders.net/downloads/mods/repos/?repo_id=19

Demo: Nope.

Credits: Igorw did the actual scripts, I just modified them and added the install instructions.

This MOD should work, I use it on several forums on a daily basis. What really needs to be tested are the instructions in contrib/HOWTO. Are there anything missing? Something I should have explained better or differently? To much?

Brukoly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SVN management

Postby Brukoly » 11 May 2011, 23:19

Nice mod mate.

EY
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EY » 23 Dec 2011, 03:55

I do not really understand what this does.

Possible to show a demo?

Thanks
Never Say Never!

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bonelifer » 23 Dec 2011, 05:03

Lets say you have multiple people working on your website via SVN. When you are ready to make the changes from SVN live, you would just go to the ACP TAB for where the SVN module is and select to either update(ie current changes) or go back to a particular revision.

svn.jpg

Return to “MOD Feedback”