phpBB Project

Post your MODs, receive and provide feedback!
Topics in this forum are not for MOD support, they are for giving the author feedback.
Forum rules
The topics in this forum are not for general MOD support, they are for giving the MOD author some feedback, ideas and bug reports.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpBB Project

Postby Lord Le Brand » 02 Jun 2008, 12:18

Afterlife(69)

Re: phpBB Project

Postby Afterlife(69) » 25 Apr 2009, 02:45

Leroy, a thought just occured to me on this.

On the package creation tool (the one that creates the ZIP on the fly with all the MOD directives and attachments). Unless a CAPTCHA or timeout system is implemented we are opening up a possible DOS attack vurlerabilty due to the amount of processing involved in creating the MOD download. I think the best solution to combat this would be a user_id-based timeout script that asks the user to wait atleast 5 seconds between their MOD downloads.

Other then that, how is development for 3.x going? :)
Life in the house :)

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 25 Apr 2009, 18:39

Hey Dean,
Good to see you're back on phpBB-grounds :)

It's a good idea to have an x-second request "time-out" (I can't think of the right word, if that's not it). I'm also thinking of caching the whole ZIP file on the server, so it doesn't have to be rebuilt every time it's downloaded.

The development has just recently been restarted, a new redesign is being made at the moment. This time I've made a bit of a planning (according to which, a working beta version will be done in 4 months), in which there are some design steps before actually touching any code, so the whole thing will be done better, quicker and cleaner.
This means the feature list needs updating...

I've also just seen that someone is going to beat me to it if I don't hurry... :?

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 26 Apr 2009, 00:27

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 26 Apr 2009, 07:33

Ahh competition, excellent. Maybe you guys can get together and share some ideas/code then on the final product just split up and go your different directions to create 2 similar but very different products :)
Life in the house :)

Obsidian
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Obsidian » 26 Apr 2009, 17:07

chaoskreator

Postby chaoskreator » 14 Jul 2009, 16:55

Once I'm familiar with the code, I can lend a hand where ever you guys might need one.

Knight Rider Info

Postby Knight Rider Info » 20 Apr 2014, 06:52

I apologize for bumping this very old topic, but is there a zip download for this?
Also, any updates?
I'm mainly asking because from the sounds of it, this would make a good downloads MOD for a board I manage for a friend
Questions about Knight Rider? PM me
Need Info about Knight Rider? Visit:

Knight Rider Forums?
(Link Updated)

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bonelifer » 20 Apr 2014, 22:15

Sorry, I don't think it ever got done.

Knight Rider Info

Postby Knight Rider Info » 26 Apr 2014, 02:06

Alright.
Fair enough
Thanks for the reply!
Questions about Knight Rider? PM me
Need Info about Knight Rider? Visit:

Knight Rider Forums?
(Link Updated)

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 30 Aug 2014, 07:42

Woah, it's been so long!

I'd really love to finish this one day. I do need to get refamiliarised with the phpbb codebase, though...
What do you guys think is the value of this mod nowadays? Is there still something of a demand for this?

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bonelifer » 30 Aug 2014, 19:17

Probably not much. phpBB 3.1 isn't that far off. With mods going away, in favor of Extensions. It'd be better to focus your time relearning phpBB by learning to write extensions. This would be a good place to start: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=446 and plus https://wiki.phpbb.com/?from=submenu If you are looking for ideas for some extension to start with look at the Ideas Center on phpBB.com at: https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/ If you are having problems getting started you can also check out #phpbb-dev and #phpbb-coding on IRC at Freenode.

Lord Le Brand
Website Team
Website Team

Postby Lord Le Brand » 31 Aug 2014, 11:15

Thanks for your input, bonelifer. I have a question though; that Ideas Center, is it intended as a starting point for MODs/extensions? Or is it an ideas repository for core features?

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bonelifer » 31 Aug 2014, 13:53

Basically somewhere for non-technical users to suggest features for the next major version of phpBB. Which up until the RC phase was 3.1, so now 3.2. Nothing though to stop you from taking ideas from there. Was basically to get non-technical users to discuss these features more in depth than they usually do in the Requests forum and give them a platform to RATE each idea. Which in turn gives the phpBB devs an idea of how popular something is.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 11 Sep 2014, 02:22

And to add the ideas could be "fodder" for an extension. ;)

IF there was enough interest in the "idea" to begin wtih.

Return to “MOD Feedback”