What first Brought you to PHPBB?

Discuss phpBB 3.0.x in general.
Forum rules
Please post any phpBB 3.1.x related topics in the forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

What first Brought you to PHPBB?

Postby Noobarmy » 22 Sep 2006, 15:00

What brought you to phpBB over the otehr BBS systems?

I myself found it because the first forum i happened to visit was phpBB. I then looked for a free forum host and that also ran phpBB. And when i decided i wanted to host my own i figured phpBB seems to be popular so went for it :)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 22 Sep 2006, 16:08

Well i only had known vBulletin to that point. So i just googled for "Free forum software" or something like that, and found phpBB that way. Never left it since then ;)

- we're poor!

drathbun

Postby drathbun » 22 Sep 2006, 16:21

I needed a bbs to replace a mailing list that was being retired, and I didn't have much of a budget. I downloaded and installed 3, one was ubb ('cause I knew perl and thought I would use it) that I even paid for. Other was some other php-based package that I've forgotten.

I picked phpBB because the community at phpbb.com seemed friendly and active. I've been using it ever since.

Installed my first board in June, 2002. My user_id value is lower than many of the other team members there. :-P

MarkTheDaemon

Postby MarkTheDaemon » 30 Sep 2006, 15:59

I'm one of these guys that started with free hosting. It must have been 2004 or so when i signed up for a forum. I had a look in the ACP, it looked really confusing :P. I used to put banners/guestbooks in the forum descriptions.

I then downloaded EasyPHP and tried to install that on my box. Seemed to work. I then downloaded phpBB and installed it. Had a look into the code, tried to understand how it worked. By this time it must have been October '05 and i decided to register on the phpBB.com forums. Gave support for a while, then moved into the MOD bit of the forum. Less than a year later and i'm a phpBB.com MOD Team Member.

Thats my story :P.

Mark

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience :P

JakeTFG

Postby JakeTFG » 09 Oct 2006, 00:11

Another website that no longer exists.

Saeru
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Saeru » 10 Oct 2006, 07:53

Got tierd of these free ones starting out really good then ending up really shitty. ^^;

"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Noobarmy
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Noobarmy » 10 Oct 2006, 12:33

lol. at first free forum hosts seem great, until you reliase that there are sooo many limitations :)

Afterlife(69)

Postby Afterlife(69) » 13 Oct 2006, 07:40

I was 13 and just wanted my own forum, A forum i was a member of was running it so i did the same.
Life in the house :)

Return to “phpBB 3.0.x "Olympus" discussion”