PM ajax?

A place to suggest possible new mods or to suggest abandoned mods to take over.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neuropass
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PM ajax?

Postby neuropass » 03 Jul 2011, 18:25

I was wondering if there is way to have the new pm's displayed without refreshing the page... :ninja:

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: PM ajax?

Postby RMcGirr83 » 07 Jul 2011, 15:01

Would require ajax and depending on the number of users and the refresh rate could be a rather large hit on your server.

neuropass

Postby neuropass » 07 Jul 2011, 23:07

hum so basically it will be running all the time. but when you receive a PM what does it trigger the Function? can the ajax be used in that specific moment? :-?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 08 Jul 2011, 01:06

You aren't understanding me. The ajax is what triggers that a user would have a new pm as it would have to query the database to see if there is a new one for that user.

neuropass

Postby neuropass » 10 Jul 2011, 00:30

Ok I got your point. But I'm not too concern because I have my own server. :)

Return to “MOD Suggestions”