Display the viewers username

A place to suggest possible new mods or to suggest abandoned mods to take over.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MudkipzRule
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Display the viewers username

Postby MudkipzRule » 19 Aug 2012, 01:35

Is there any way to do this on phpbb 3? I saw a link on google for a old mod here for the same thing. URL was broken and I couldn't find the topic. Any help?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Display the viewers username

Postby RMcGirr83 » 19 Aug 2012, 18:28

Display the viewers username where?

MudkipzRule

Postby MudkipzRule » 19 Aug 2012, 19:13

I was thinking in a BBCode but it doesn't have to be that. I'm trying to display the viewers username in Handyman's AJAX Chat. We have custom chat commands that can parse php so it could easily be any type of php code.

tumba25
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby tumba25 » 20 Aug 2012, 01:02

MudkipzRule

Postby MudkipzRule » 20 Aug 2012, 01:13

That does not work in a chat, it only displays the shouter's username to everyone.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 20 Aug 2012, 02:19

The viewers username is already displayed in that mod no matter if the user made a shout or not...eg

Noname.jpg

and I made no message in that chat.

MudkipzRule

Postby MudkipzRule » 20 Aug 2012, 02:30

I'm not trying to display their name in the online list, I have chat commands and I was going to make a command like !viewer. So it would be used like: Hello, !viewer.
!viewer would be replace with the username of the viewer.

Return to “MOD Suggestions”