Genders MOD rank title problem!

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RE: Genders MOD rank title problem!

Postby RMcGirr83 » 29 Aug 2012, 17:21

Yeah I have and I see just exactly what you originally posted that is which means you have taken out the code I gave you. I made a mistake in the code posted above, this

should be this

Code updated....again.

Facker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Facker » 29 Aug 2012, 17:28

Ah yes, that's because I had replaced the file with the original since it didn't work with the edits BUT...

...it seems to be working now (after correcting the text like above)! I'll just look around a bit more to make sure nothing's affected.

Thank you. I'll keep my promise. Provide me a paypal e-mail of yours? (or would you prefer me to become a donor here - idk how much is the subscription for that?)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 29 Aug 2012, 17:38

There is a link in my sig you can use or you can use the donate link in the header. Choice is yours and the minimum amount to be a donor is $10.00 IIRC.

Facker

Postby Facker » 29 Aug 2012, 17:41

Cool. I'll load my visa tomorrow or on Friday and I'll go with the second I think. Thank you again.

Facker

Postby Facker » 29 Aug 2012, 19:51

I'm sorry to bug you again about this but I've just noticed that for normal users the problem persists :(

Look: http://ilsa.netau.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&start=20

Mouseover on the admin rank and the title is finally normal.

Mouseover on the normal user's rank (those stars) and it is still triple. Weird huh?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 29 Aug 2012, 20:40

No it's not weird, look at the else statement after the code given.

Facker

Postby Facker » 29 Aug 2012, 20:50

Erm...so I understand I should include functions_genders.php in there like before and modify rank title and img like before and I'll try it although I'd prefer to avoid an uncertain experiment...Thanks.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 30 Aug 2012, 01:07

Facker

Postby Facker » 30 Aug 2012, 10:46

Lol...well as much as I like your approach and the wisdom within the chinese proverb, this couldn't have been a worse period for me to learn for a number of reasons (love, upcoming exams of next week, etc. trivial stuff of life). I'd just like to remove this little one (the site project in general I mean) from my list of things to do (I've already added quite a lot to my knowledge on phpBB, php and jquery).

Anyway, I did one quick pathetic try yesterday:

1. I moved the include for functions_genders.php outside the "if", thus enabling it for the "else if" block too.
2. I put "$rank_title" for the image's alt and title and
3. I replaced the rank title like this: $rank_title = get_user_gender_rank($rank_title, $user->data['user_gender']);

Nothing interesting happened :P

Any help?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 30 Aug 2012, 18:41

Facker

Re: Genders MOD rank title problem!

Postby Facker » 31 Aug 2012, 03:10

That works nicely, thanks! However, it's not fully fixed yet.

If you visit any usergroup via the legend's links (of the whois online), there's still the group rank image next to the "Group name" and "Group description" at the "Usergroup information" which doesn't produce a correct title :/

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 31 Aug 2012, 09:29

Facker

Postby Facker » 31 Aug 2012, 13:54

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 31 Aug 2012, 15:56

I don't believe anything changed in 3.0.9 that affected group ranks. I think it was there all along.

Facker

Postby Facker » 02 Oct 2012, 13:34

I've spotted another page which needs editing. The groups_page.php of this mod of yours [url=https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/groups_page_mod/]Groups Page Mod[/url].

So um...what could the edits be there? :?:

Return to “Modders MOD support”