Chatting refresh rate?

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CraftyMc

Chatting refresh rate?

Postby CraftyMc » 22 May 2013, 21:27

Hi I'm having trouble with the chat refresh rate.., it says on the chat and on the who is bar "based on users activity over the past 1 hour" but I have the setting set to 30 seconds.., is this normal or is something wrong? I want to try and change the user activity on the chat to 5 mins after inactivity so when a member doesn't use it for 5 mins it takes their name out. At the moment my name is staying in the total users chatting for 1 hour after I last used it. This is a problem because my members will try talking to each other for an hour before they realise no one is there and I don't want people to think I am ignoring them because It says I'm still chatting when I left an hour ago..

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Chatting refresh rate?

Postby RMcGirr83 » 23 May 2013, 17:17

CraftyMc

Postby CraftyMc » 23 May 2013, 18:12

emilylavigne

Postby emilylavigne » 26 Aug 2013, 08:10

Ajax Chat to my understanding reloads the page automatically. In my case, this sometimes takes more time than expected. It is often delayed up to a minute or so.
The users (about 20 users online at the same time) type "." to get an immediate update. That helps but does not look nice.
I found and assume, that you can click on the green/yellow circle on the top right: this seems to do the same job: reloads the page with all contributions in the meantime.
Has anybody knowledge, if this is correct?
Are there any other ways to speed up reloading the page? It sometimes takes minutes to reload for some users.
What determines this?
Last edited by emilylavigne on 13 Jan 2015, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed url

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Aug 2013, 10:06

There is no green/yellow circle for the mchat mod. You must have this mod confused with some other mod.

nick32

Postby nick32 » 21 Jul 2014, 06:30

I had the similar issue. The chat refresh rate does not work at all. It shows the similar status for quite some time and I have to log out and log in to make it work again. However, after some time, I have the same issue. It is frustrating.

martin123456
Old member
Old member

Postby martin123456 » 21 Jul 2014, 19:26

Last edited by martin123456 on 13 Jan 2015, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove spam link

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 21 Jul 2014, 20:48

Nice catch martin... links removed, user nick32 banned.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Return to “Modders MOD support”