Change text color

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cable Player
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Change text color

Postby Cable Player » 16 Sep 2013, 14:14

Hello,
I'm using the darker stylesheet for mChat but the problem is it has grey text show on a black background. This isn't too bad for members but one member is hard of site and requires white text on black backgrounds.

I've played around with the stylesheet (and after each change refreshed the theme and by cache) but haven't managed to get it to have white text.

Could someone please help me out here? I'd like the text that you are typing into the input box to show as white #FFFFFF and the chat messages that have already been posted to show as white #FFFFFF.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Re: Change text color

Postby steve » 16 Sep 2013, 14:44

Refreshed your web browser cache?
Steve ©

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 16 Sep 2013, 14:46

Yes, sorry I said "by cache" and not "my cache", typo.

I'm not overly confident with CSS so is it possible for you to show me which bit needs changing? Thanks

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 16 Sep 2013, 15:12

Have you searched for mchat stylesheet for dark backgrounds?
Steve ©

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 Sep 2013, 16:32

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 16 Sep 2013, 16:46

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 16 Sep 2013, 16:57

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 16 Sep 2013, 17:00

Thanks, but what happens is whilst you are typing your message the text is grey and if you click out of the box it turns to white. The text in the messages posted is still grey.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 16 Sep 2013, 19:38

Take a look at the colours.css file for your theme input focus is about where you want to be and reproduce that in the mchat.css file
Steve ©

Cable Player

Postby Cable Player » 17 Sep 2013, 09:21

OK I'll give it a shot, thanks.

HD-FORUMS

Postby HD-FORUMS » 02 Apr 2014, 17:56

I'm having a similar issue... The dark theme, and when a user clicks on the input box and starts typing their chat - it goes from being a darker text (#333333) to a much lighter color that is hard to read against the lighter background.

I'd like to make it stay the #333333, and that would work fine... I checked the colour.css file, and tried moving a similar style/color to the mchat.css - to no avail.... Obviously I am missing something. lol.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks much!

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 02 Apr 2014, 18:17

After making the changes in the mchat.css file like steve instructed above you have go refresh your style's theme. Then you have to refresh your browser to see the change.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

HD-FORUMS

Postby HD-FORUMS » 02 Apr 2014, 18:32

Total "Newb" move on my part, and that was it for sure. Thanks a ton!

Return to “Modders MOD support”