Add permission to phpBB Titania?

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Knight Rider Info

Add permission to phpBB Titania?

Postby Knight Rider Info » 25 Apr 2014, 04:09

Hi guys,

I run/ manage a gaming clan focused around the PC Game Grand Theft Auto IV.
I've recently installed phpBB Titania (phpBB's Customisation Database) on my site, added my own types, categories, etc. from the default install, and modified a few files (mainly language ones), and got it working the way I want.

But the one thing I noticed is that it lacks a permission that can be set to allow that specific user or group to download files from the database.
The rest of Titania's permissions are perfect. It just lacks a Can download option.

An example of what the permissions line would look like in language/en/acp/permissions_titania.php is below:

'acl_u_titania_download' => array('lang' => 'Can download files', 'cat' => 'titania'),

Is there a way I can manually add this permission, so I may control who can download from Titania and who can't?
It would simply remove the Download button from the contribution details for Guests, and anyone else who has the permission of No or Never for downloading a file, and replace the button with text saying you must be registered or logged in to download a file. (The replacement text is optional). Would just like a way to remove download permissions for any user or group I choose.

I've read on manually adding permissions, but most of these topics, include the permission being added through a MOD's UMIL or manually adding them to the database tables (which isn't recommended)

Is there anyone who could write an install file to add this permission for me?

The permission would be able to be set for a specific user, for groups, and added to a user role.
Questions about Knight Rider? PM me
Need Info about Knight Rider? Visit:

Knight Rider Forums?
(Link Updated)

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Add permission to phpBB Titania?

Postby Neculai Anișor » 25 Apr 2014, 14:10

There is no support given for Titania.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 26 Apr 2014, 20:39

What you mean no support anvs ?? He has posted in a phpbb3 support forum, if I get time tomoro I will have a look ..
Steve ©

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 27 Apr 2014, 08:01

My bad Lil. I thought there is no support for non-released MODs.

Knight Rider Info

Postby Knight Rider Info » 30 Apr 2014, 03:04

Questions about Knight Rider? PM me
Need Info about Knight Rider? Visit:

Knight Rider Forums?
(Link Updated)

Return to “Modders MOD support”