ACP Manage User Menu Missing - mChat Installation

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MTGAdmin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ACP Manage User Menu Missing - mChat Installation

Postby MTGAdmin » 29 Apr 2014, 06:33

Hello, I have just installed your mChat mod on my forum and everything has been tweaked and working to my forum's style (not prosilver or subsilver) ...the only thing that I can't get working since the update is the ACP's Manage User Menu. The page comes up blank. I think it has something to do with code, but I can't be sure. Since the acp_users.php file is so large can't actually post it. Is there a way that you can help me to figure out what is causing the problem.

As a matter of troubleshooting I removed the code (mChat code) from the file and everything returned to normal (working) so I believe there must be a missing bracket closing or perhaps and semicolon out of place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MTGAdmin (Magic The Gathering : GTA Admin)

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Re: ACP Manage User Menu Missing - mChat Installation

Postby steve » 29 Apr 2014, 08:13

Double check your edit ,it's common for a user to add after ,rather than add before from following the instructions ...
Steve ©

MTGAdmin

Postby MTGAdmin » 29 Apr 2014, 08:17

Hmmm, as a matter of recourse I did exactly what you stated...I even copy and pasted the code directly from the instructions... I used Notepad++ to do the editing. Perhaps something else is causing the problem?

Thanks for the suggestion

MTGAdmin

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 29 Apr 2014, 08:19

Do you have any debug errors? Other language packs installed ?
Steve ©

MTGAdmin

Postby MTGAdmin » 29 Apr 2014, 08:21

No other language packs. I tried the online php checkers and they told made some odd thing about the very first line - syntax error "case mchat" or something similar.

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 29 Apr 2014, 08:26

Google enable debug phpbb3 ,instructions to edit your config.php file
Steve ©

MTGAdmin

Postby MTGAdmin » 29 Apr 2014, 08:30

OK - I will do it in the morning - thanks for the suggestion. I will let you know what the debug spits out... If anything...

MTGAdmin

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 29 Apr 2014, 10:03

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 29 Apr 2014, 10:43

^^ what tiger woods said ,topic moved
Steve ©

MTGAdmin

Postby MTGAdmin » 29 Apr 2014, 16:42

That worked...thanks "Tiger"...

It's truly amazing how you can diagnose a problem like that...nice nickname BTW.

MTGAdmin

Return to “Modders MOD support”