mChat installed via AutoMOD issues

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: mChat installed via AutoMOD issues

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Jun 2014, 09:45

The mbstring extension is not installed on your server. Have your host install the extension.

justinbeatdown
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby justinbeatdown » 26 Jun 2014, 17:22

Okay, they installed it. Now on my forums homepage i get this - Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 26 Jun 2014, 17:23

The file does exist though, I found it in my directory

Korkel

Postby Korkel » 26 Jun 2014, 17:41

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 26 Jun 2014, 21:06

so go into my hosting stuff and manually delete everything from the cache folder? And I don't see a .htaccess file in there.

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 26 Jun 2014, 21:23

Okay, so I got my forums backup. Now when I'm in the AUTOMOD menu, this is what shows

The store/ directory is not writable.

I also tried uploading a MOD and this is what pops up

The store/mods/ directory is not writable. This is required for “Upload MOD” to work properly, unless you set your “write method” to “FTP”. Please adjust your permissions or settings and try again

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 26 Jun 2014, 21:55

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/phpbb3-chmod-permissions/]Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Chmod Permissions[/url]

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 27 Jun 2014, 03:20

Yeah okay, that would help if it told me exactly what file I need to edit.

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 27 Jun 2014, 03:34

All of those permissions are correct according to the guide. They were correct when I looked, so they were correct before I looked. Next solution?

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 27 Jun 2014, 03:36

So if that picture is correct, especially with the download.php one, yeah, I don't have download.php

Give me some paragraphs here, actually help me please.

justinbeatdown

Postby justinbeatdown » 27 Jun 2014, 05:52

I'd actually like some real help this time considering when I had the mbstring extension stuff installed, it in-turn screwed things up not only on my forums, but my main website and I've been in contact with my host all day trying to fix issues that this simple mod has caused me.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 27 Jun 2014, 09:25

I don't know what "picture" you are referring to nor why having the host install the mbstring extension would screw up your forum. It seems you have host issues and, for the record, I have been providing you with "real support". If you think otherwise no one is forcing you to use this mod and you would probably be better off without it. The mod has been downloaded ~135000 times and I have never run across all the issues you are having.

The date of that KB article is from 2008, it is supposed to be used as a guide. Not sure when download.php was removed from the root of the software.

Return to “Modders MOD support”