mChat Installation issues

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nasomi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

mChat Installation issues

Postby nasomi » 31 Jul 2014, 00:28

I'm getting errors trying to install on 3.0.11 with subsilver2. It seems that somewhere in the code that i cannot find, it's looking for this:

*********************************************************************************************************
Refreshing the subsilver2 template

ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/subsilver2attachment.html for reading.

ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/subsilver2attachment.html for reading.[/color]
*********************************************************************************************************
My guess it's it's missing something, and should be looking for this:

ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/subsilver2/template/attachment.html for reading.

ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/subsilver2/template/attachment.html for reading.
Can anyone assist?

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Re: mChat Installation issues

Postby Neculai Anișor » 31 Jul 2014, 06:11

Find what?
You dont need to edit attachment.html for mchat.

nasomi

Postby nasomi » 01 Aug 2014, 00:27

The install fails because it cannot find ./styles/subsilver2attachment.html so I am left with no installation.

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 01 Aug 2014, 09:02

Make sure you have attachment.html template in your style template directory.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Aug 2014, 10:13

It shouldn't even be looking for that file as this mod doesn't touch it.

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 01 Aug 2014, 10:17

Yup. Maybe he is using automod ?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Aug 2014, 10:24

:shrug:

nasomi

Postby nasomi » 01 Aug 2014, 12:37

I have a vanilla phpbb installation with 3.0.11, this is the first modification i'm attempting to install. I've attached a screenshot of the issue. the attachment document is in the /styles/subsilver/template/attachment.html directory, but the file it's looking for does not exist, and as far as I can tell, should not exist. It's looking for subsilver2attachment.html in the root of the styles directory. I'm not savvy enough with this sort of thing to know how to fix this on my own, short of creating that file and letting it modify a file that shouldn't exist.
Attachments
failed.jpg

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 01 Aug 2014, 13:43

Hi...

At the time that in the installation script automatically refreshes your style subsilver2 causes a read error, it may be due to the fact that "attachment.html" this corrupt, try to overwrite your original copy of this file and see what happens by re-executing the scrip of installation ...

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 01 Aug 2014, 13:57

Can you give us a link to your board please?

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 01 Aug 2014, 14:31

Hi Neculai, I thought that you were Romanian?

You can see the direction of its forum on the capture image of the error that he has attached.

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 01 Aug 2014, 14:35

Yup. My bad. And yes I am from RO.

As you can see the mod is trying to find styles/subsilver2attachment.html
The path is not correct. / is missing.

Make sure you have the latest version of UMIL.
https://www.phpbb.com/mods/umil/

nasomi

Postby nasomi » 01 Aug 2014, 16:19

Yes, the path isn't correct, /template/ is missing from the middle. I will look at UMIL and see if that fixes it. THank you.

Peralta

Postby Peralta » 01 Aug 2014, 17:04

You also test...open the cache folder on the server and delete everything except index.htm and .htaccess

Return to “Modders MOD support”