chat won't follow message limit

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
K73SK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

chat won't follow message limit

Postby K73SK » 04 Sep 2014, 01:53

So after installing the mini-chat on my boards, I noticed that the shoutbox is showing ALL messages ever recorded rather than only the past 'x' amount (x being the number I set in the ACP). However, if you click on the separate "mini-chat" link for mchat.php, it DOES show the message limit correctly. So this only happens on the index page for some reason (and also on the forums pages since it shows on them too). I'm guessing I may have accidentally broke something but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

I apparently cannot post the link to my forum here, so I can't really tell you what website it is lol. Just trust me on what it does I guess?

Thanks

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: chat won't follow message limit

Postby RMcGirr83 » 04 Sep 2014, 10:42

K73SK

Postby K73SK » 05 Sep 2014, 01:36

Uploaded the mchat.php file again. Didn't make a difference.

Also reinstalled the chat mod. That didn't matter.

I know it's not part of the mod to inclulde it on the viewforum.php, but I did so because everyone on my forums finds it more convenient to see the chat while on other pages of the website as well. Of course, that means all I had to do is add "<!-- IF S_MCHAT_ENABLE --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->" to the beginning of my viewforum.php on the styles. I didn't change anything outside of that (not that I remember), so that's not going to really be related, I imagine.

Note that I did do a database transfer from 3.0.8 to 3.0.12 and the chat logs may have been included in this transfer. Is there a possible setting that may have had a conflict with the newer version? Note that I did try to reinstall it + the database part of it earlier.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 05 Sep 2014, 01:40

There are two settings in the ACP .Mods section under configuration. One for the number of messages on the index page and one for the number of messages on the custom page. What are they set to?

K73SK

Postby K73SK » 05 Sep 2014, 22:06

Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention about that. The index page message limit is ALWAYS blank. If I change it to a number between 10-50, it reverts back to blank. It's not saving the information.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Sep 2014, 01:04

Then I would recommed that you upload all new files from 1.3.8 version and run the mchat_install.php file again.

K73SK

Postby K73SK » 06 Sep 2014, 02:50

I've done it before, but I did it again and for some reason it worked this time. I uninstalled the database and reinstalled it and voila, it works. No idea but apparently something was wrong in the database (likely happened from the transfer).

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Return to “Modders MOD support”