Settings for the Mini Chat under the ".Mods" tab

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Peteh_2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Settings for the Mini Chat under the ".Mods" tab

Postby Peteh_2 » 18 Sep 2014, 21:07

Hello to all support members,
I can successfully installed AutoMod in my forum and after that I can select mod, phpbb_mchat_1_3_8; all thing is going well but when I go to ".Mods" tab then it may shows only AutoMods, as when I am browsing through my directory root then it is here:
MyRootDir> Store> Mods> phpbb_mchat_1_3_8
Then as DIY instruction:
*** NOTE: If you are installing via Automod you may skip to step 2 ***
1. Make all edits to all files and upload them to your forum.
2. Browse to the file mchat_install.php in the root of your forum to make the database changes.
3. Delete the mchat_install.php file from the root of your forum.
4. Refresh the style, theme and purge the cache in the ACP, set the settings for the Mini Chat under the ".Mods" tab. 5. Visit user/group permissions and set the permissions for the Mini Chat for your groups/users.
6. Enjoy the Mod!!
Now, in step 2 where I can make changes and what's are they i.e. database changes or in plain text which codes are inserted and at what place ; so that my users can take the advantage of this mods?
Thanks

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Settings for the Mini Chat under the ".Mods" tab

Postby RMcGirr83 » 19 Sep 2014, 01:41

Just as the instructions state and as Automod should have stated when you installed the mod you have to visit the mchat_install.php file to make the database changes as well as install the mod in the ACP.

Peteh_2

Postby Peteh_2 » 19 Sep 2014, 11:55

Hello Sir,
According you, to complete the step 2; it is necessary to make changes in the files:
1. ucp.php

Find
$module->set_display('main', 'subscribed', false);
}
// BEGIN mChat Mod
if (!$config['mchat_enable'])
{
$module->set_display('mchat', '', false);
}
// END mChat Mod
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replace With
$module->set_display('main', 'subscribed', false);
}

As like this, the other files are also need to be updated by following instructions as given to them; Is it correct?
The other files which may need to be modified are:
2. viewonline.php
3. adm/style/acp_users.html
4. includes/constants.php
5. includes/functions_user.php
6. includes/acp/acp_users.php
7. language/en/common.php
8. language/en/ucp.php
9. language/en/acp/common.php
10. styles/prosilver/template/editor.js
11. styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html
12. styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
13. styles/prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css

Am I correct? If Yes then please tell me about the editor which are used to edit file no. 10, 11, 12 and 13 as because file no. 10 is of type .js (JavaScript), 11 is of type .html, 12 is of type .html and last 13 is of type .css.
Since I can used Notepad++ to open .php files(from 1 to 9) as stated above; Can I use Notepad++ to edit the files(from 10 to 13) or any other one?
Finally, If I can completed this step(step 2) then which type of changes made to set the settings for the Mini Chat under the ".Mods" tab.
Now all things in plain format.
Thanks

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 20 Sep 2014, 01:58

Notepad++ can edit any of those files and step two does not state anything concerning editing files.

http://www.rmcgirr83.org/mods/mChat/install.xml

Peteh_2

Postby Peteh_2 » 20 Sep 2014, 19:40

Hello Sir,
I can attach some snapshots in my other post: http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php? ... 646#p27646
Please check this and tell me what I am missing?
Note: When I am going to follow the step 3 by my FTP(FileZilla) then mchat_install.php is missing in the root directory, I am searching but none???
Thanks

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 20 Sep 2014, 20:59

Please stop cross posting. Either use this topic or use the one you linked to.

Return to “Modders MOD support”