1.3.8 JQuery issues

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
antonjw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1.3.8 JQuery issues

Postby antonjw » 16 Dec 2014, 20:56

A few issues I have noticed / had reported to me:

1. You can click to open the Smilies box, but you can't close it again
2. You can click to open the BBCodes box, but you can't close it again
3. You can click to open the 'Who Is Logged In' list, but it closes itself again on the next refresh

I noticed that 1 & 2 are not issues on your own install of mChat Rich - any idea what might be wrong on ours?

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 1.3.8 JQuery issues

Postby Neculai Anișor » 16 Dec 2014, 20:57

Link to your forum please?

antonjw

Postby antonjw » 16 Dec 2014, 21:07

ahh, chat is not open to guests, and we're in the middle of a Chat Room event right now. Will open it to guests in an hour and post the link.

actually I think we do have some JQuery madness going on, i.e. multiple copies potentially being loaded in... JQuery-based site menu, Artodia style, and mChat... but the mChat loads and we can post etc., so for now I had presumed that that wasn't creating any issues of its own.

but do you think that could be the cause? I'm not sure though why you'd be able to toggle smilies on, for example, but then not toggle them off. but then what do i know? :)

will post link when we're done with our event.

Neculai Anișor
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neculai Anișor » 16 Dec 2014, 21:10

Post your overall_header.html here.

antonjw

Postby antonjw » 16 Dec 2014, 23:35

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 17 Dec 2014, 02:06

You are missing the mchat edits to that overall_header and you are already including two version of jQuery on every page load from what I can see. The reason the smilies etc aren't working is due to missing the jquery cookie stuff in your overall_header file.

antonjw

Postby antonjw » 17 Dec 2014, 02:40

Just checked my Elegance Dark style header, and I do have the cookie js - but still unable to toggle off the Smileys & BBCodes boxes.

But still loading two different versions of JQuery on that style, too - so I'll sort that out, and hopefully that sorts it.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 17 Dec 2014, 10:18

According to this post http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?p=28091#p28091 there is no jquery cookie code in your overall_header.

antonjw

Postby antonjw » 17 Dec 2014, 16:22

Theriddler

Postby Theriddler » 18 Dec 2014, 16:21

Return to “Modders MOD support”