using autoMOD to install mChat

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sulasno
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

using autoMOD to install mChat

Postby sulasno » 06 Feb 2010, 10:17

newbie running phpBB 3.0.6

have installed autoMOD;

used it to install mChat;
but cannot see it in the group permission

have I missed something ?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: using autoMOD to install mChat

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Feb 2010, 11:20

You should see a new tab like the attached.

Noname.jpg

assuming you ran the mchat_install.php as the DIY instructions state.

sulasno

Postby sulasno » 06 Feb 2010, 15:19

DIY

1. Browse to the file mchat_install.php in the root of your forum to make the database changes.
2. Delete the mchat_install.php file from the root of your forum.
3. Make all edits to all files and upload them to your forum.
4. Refresh the styles in the ACP, set the settings for the Mini Chat under the ".MODS" tab.
5. Then visit user/group permissions and set the permissions for the Mini Chat for your groups/users.
6. Enjoy the Mod!!

===========================================================================================
1. I skipped since I used AutoMod to install mChat
2. I deleted the file
3. Do I need to edit the files?

(thanks for bearing with a newbie trying to install his second Mod)

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Feb 2010, 16:46

sulasno

Postby sulasno » 06 Feb 2010, 19:08

thanks
have successful installed it and it's very cool

have tried to install it through the ACP to another style, but failed

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 06 Feb 2010, 20:33

Did you refresh that style after doing that?

sulasno

Postby sulasno » 10 Feb 2010, 09:52

I did but it's still not working
but I can live with it :lol:

one new question;

how can I assign permissions to the moderator to delete the chat history ?

it seems that only the admin can delete the history

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Feb 2010, 10:49

sulasno

Postby sulasno » 10 Feb 2010, 12:59

thanks

will try

Fr0stByte

Postby Fr0stByte » 24 Aug 2014, 08:49

Return to “Modders MOD support”