Email List of Users from a phpBB v 3 forum

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Email List of Users from a phpBB v 3 forum

Postby RMcGirr83 » 31 May 2013, 18:12

bluecob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby bluecob » 31 May 2013, 18:41

Tried that. Just get warning messages:

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/eforum/root/list.php on line 17

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/eforum/root/list.php on line 17

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/root/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/eforum/root/list.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/eforum/root/list.php on line 20

Note:

'mysite' is my domain but removed here for security reasons.

Oyabun1

Postby Oyabun1 » 31 May 2013, 21:53

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 06:52

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 07:36

I think there are some files missing from the download. My error messages ask for 'includes' and 'index' which are NOT in the download.

There are some more files missing but I cannot spend any more time on trying to get this mod sorted. It obviously will NOT work with the theme Glacier which was my initial question.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Jun 2013, 09:08

I can guarantee you it works fine on any style and on any forum...you are doing something wrong.

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 11:51

I know I am doing something wrong!

That's why I am asking for some help.

I have downloaded the zip file and extracted it. Uploaded all the contents to the root file of my Forum but when I try and open the list.php via the net I get the error messages shown. Surely it is not rocket science to post some simple, idiot proof, instructions? Telling me I have done 'something wrong' does not help.

Oyabun1

Postby Oyabun1 » 01 Jun 2013, 13:08

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 14:52

You could make it simpler by telling me where the files should be then.

This is what was said earlier:

'RMcGirr83 wrote:
You copy all the files found in the root folder of the download into the root of your forum.'

Now call me stupid but it says root to root does it not?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Jun 2013, 15:03

It states "Copy all files found in the root folder of the mod into the root of your forum"

"root" in this case is where config.php is found...that is what is meant by the "root" of your forum. I never said to make a new directory called root within your forum.

Download from first post has been updated and will now install with automod because I clearly can not make myself understood.

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 15:13

Thank you. Thank you so much.

It has now installed OK on my Forum but, still appearing a bit thick (me), how do I access and use the mod?

Cheers.
Last edited by bluecob on 01 Jun 2013, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Jun 2013, 15:21

Within Automod, click on the details link of the mod, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose to install prosilver on SF_Glacier. There should be a new link in your header next to the memberlist.

If that doesn't work try just browsing to list.php within your forum. You will have to modify SF_Glacier overall_header.html file to get the link to show.

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 15:24

Hi.

When I do that I get the message:

One or more install actions failed. Please review the actions below, make any adjustments and retry. You may continue with the installation even though some of the actions failed. This is not recommended and may cause your board to not function correctly.

Then it asks me if I want to Force Install. My worry is that if I do this it might upset the whole of my forum which has happened in the past.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 01 Jun 2013, 15:27

Like I said, you will have to manually edit SF_Glacier overall_header.html file to get the link to display (open the install xml file from the mod in your browser and you will see the edits for prosilver...do like searches and make the edits similar to the code you find in SF_Glacier).

That is part of the problem of using a style that does not conform to either subsilver2 or prosilver html files.

bluecob

Postby bluecob » 01 Jun 2013, 15:34

SUCCESS - I HAVE IT WORKING.

I uploaded the following file to:
public_hml/mysite/forum/styles/SP_Glacier/template

email_list_body.html

Thanks everyone.

Return to “Modders MOD support”