mChat Auto-Update Request

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
GGEden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

mChat Auto-Update Request

Postby GGEden » 03 Mar 2011, 10:07

Is it possible to have the mchat auto-update but not auto-scroll to the newest post?

The Pause on Input feature is nice, but may I ask for some code to paste/edit that would prevent mchat from scrolling you automatically to the newest post, but just leaves the scroll bar wherever a person may have it?

The reason for this is just that my forum members always complain about how they're scrolling back trying to read recent/old posts but the auto-update forces them back to the newest post.

Thanks for your help.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Re: mChat Auto-Update Request

Postby Ooopsie » 03 Mar 2011, 14:43

Doing a search can be your best friend... :)

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/mchat_new_version/support/remove_scroll_to_bottom_version_1.3.5-t_90387-sid_cedb8db5aedab93993d435f16eb5545e]Scroll Other Direction in 1.3.5[/url]

Oopsie
_____
Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

_____
And be kinder than necessary, for everyone
you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

GGEden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GGEden » 04 Mar 2011, 00:27

My request isnt about the direction of the scroll whatsoever.

Perhaps comprehension skills can be a good friend too?

I'm requesting a way to prevent mchat scrolling to the newest post when it auto-updates.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 04 Mar 2011, 01:40

I comprehend fine. Your request is not in the cards I am sure. The only workaround I can think of is to turn off autoupdate when a person is typing in the mChat configuration. Then if a person just puts their cursor into the chat section, it won't scroll as mChat would think they are typing.

But that does not solve the whole problem.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 04 Mar 2011, 01:53

Hey, I am sorry. I see what happened now. I was watching two different posts and posted the previous answer to the wrong person. My apologies.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 04 Mar 2011, 02:03

Test it on here and see what happens.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 04 Mar 2011, 02:18

I just ran a test. If you set Pause on input: to YES, and put your cursor in the chat (like you are typing), it won't scroll (you have to put in a letter or something)....
It won't scroll until you hit send.

This does not solve GGEden issue though.

Me thinks if it can be done, this is a mod update for just one person and there would be a charge Rich. IF it can be done.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 04 Mar 2011, 10:01

Run the test on here not on your own. EG, move the scroll bar up and type something in the input area. The scroll bar shouldn't move, then move the scroll bar to the bottom and input something and it should scroll correctly as before.

Ooopsie
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ooopsie » 04 Mar 2011, 15:15

Yeah, that works Rich. You can highlight anywhere in the chat, post something and it does not scroll from the chat you highlighted.

GGEden

Postby GGEden » 04 Mar 2011, 15:56

That works, thanks for giving it a go.
Can you give me some direction please on which file to edit to do the same for the forum i manage, please?

Thanks.

Gadget27

Postby Gadget27 » 12 Mar 2011, 13:25

I am very interesting for this... What are modifications ?

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 09 Jul 2011, 17:07

Attachments
mchat_ajax_mini.zip
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

stefan86

Postby stefan86 » 09 Jul 2011, 22:24

Working but not perfectly. Now doesn't work scrolling, to read new message we must manually scroll.

Can You do that when the bar is at the absolute bottom, then autooscroll works and the new message is always automatically visible, but when the bar is manually raised (someone is reading old messages), then the autoscrolling is turned off?

Summary. Moving the bar to the absolute bottom or send a message activates the autoscrolling.

RMcGirr83
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby RMcGirr83 » 10 Jul 2011, 00:50

Forgot a part, please perform the changes as stated within the edit in the post above yours.

stefan86

Postby stefan86 » 10 Jul 2011, 19:03

Now it works perfectly! Thanks!

This is the best chat mod

Return to “Modders MOD support”