Allowing certain user groups to change theme?

Support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
Forum rules
Please only request support for mods released by phpbbmodders.net found at either https://github.com/phpbbmodders/ or the MODDB at http://www.phpbb.com
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Potku
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Allowing certain user groups to change theme?

Postby Potku » 15 May 2012, 09:00

I tried to search for this (and in one topic in phpBB.com it was asked but not answered), but my google-fu is weak...

So, if we have two themes and we would like to offer certain user groups -- but not all -- to choose freely between them, how would we set that up in ACP?

Potku

Re: Allowing certain user groups to change theme?

Postby Potku » 15 May 2012, 17:57

I was told this would need a MOD (I was afraid of that...). If anyone could tell us who to approach, we would appreciate it :)

Yeah, phpBB.com would be the obvious option, but that site is so busy that a request like that from an unknown person such as myself would probably be buried under the enormous amount of other, possibly more interesting requests :)

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 15 May 2012, 18:15

A simple groups permissions mod ,But how many styles do you want to allow per groups? if just two styles are installed ,this mod could be wriiten in a matter of hours ...
Steve ©

Potku

Postby Potku » 17 May 2012, 08:02

We are looking to sport only two styles, and certain groups could then choose between the two. Good to know it could be done :) But who would undertake the task at hand? :D

Potku

Postby Potku » 20 May 2012, 10:32

If anyone could bother to code such a MOD, it would really be a big help to us :)

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 20 May 2012, 11:14

groups_style_permissions.zip
(34.66 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
done.
Steve ©

Potku

Postby Potku » 20 May 2012, 16:14

:o

Dude...

Simple to install, seems to work perfectly. Since I am a dummy as far as php goes, I have no idea how much work was required to figure it all out, but I am sincerely grateful for this. This MOD isn't just for fun, it actually serves an important service. Thank you so much, Steve

steve
Master of posting
Master of posting

Postby steve » 20 May 2012, 16:19

No prob took about 20 mins to put it together and install ;) very simple permission's/auth's mod Just let me know if you need it expanded for eg: 3 styles allow group1 to use 3 styles and the other gorup2 styles.
Steve ©

Potku

Postby Potku » 23 Nov 2014, 11:40

Steve, do you think this could be an EXT now? :)

Potku

Postby Potku » 29 Jan 2015, 21:53

Steve, I hate to bother you, but have you figured out a manageable way to code this for 3.1? :)

Return to “Modders MOD support”