Advice on site

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go .
Crispy

Advice on site

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 13:09

Hey guys. I found phpbbmodders.net through evil's sig on phpbb.com, and i'm very impressed so far. I love how the found intregates into the existing site template(including width). I am wondering how it is done, as this style of site is perfect for my site. Another question is how are you pages formed, because every page has the standard phpbb3 header on it, to login etc. (as well as it on the main red header). Is the whole site run on phpbb code?

Please could you point me in the right direction to achiving such integration.

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Re: Advice on site

Postby Ganon_Master » 10 Aug 2008, 15:11

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 15:24

Yeah, i understand allot of the site has been coded by evil, and i respect the work involved in making this site, and can understand why evil will keep some under-wraps. I will check out the library, it looks interesting.
All i'm really after is some pointers on how to get the whole site looking like the forum, with the forum built into the page, and info on how to make some basic pages like the Rules page here.
Thanks for your reply.

Mr. Bond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mr. Bond » 10 Aug 2008, 16:16

There is a pretty informative guide on site / phpBB integration on STG (StarTrekGuide), http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... =integrate
• •

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 16:31

Ahh, so will pages then take the style/overall header/footer details from the froum install then?

So you can make new pages based around the phpbb3 forum looks? I'll try it out.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igorw » 10 Aug 2008, 18:34

Yeah, you basically just use the template files from your board and build around that. That guide explains the basics pretty well. :) If you have more specific questions, just reply in here.

- we're poor!

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 19:40

Wicked, cheers mate. I'm gussing it woul dbe a good idea to get the skin how i want it before i start basing my pages off of it. How did you replace your header with the current one? And how do i change the width of phpbb3? (i hate full screen) To be honest, i wouldn't mind using the standard prosilver style, i just wanna change the header and footer similar to how you have done it, and then i should be all set for making the pages i need. :D

EDIT: I just realisd that -back in the day- i used to use EasyMod on my phpbb2 install :P
Last edited by Crispy on 10 Aug 2008, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 10 Aug 2008, 19:52

You have to modify overall_header.html, and also the css files (that are in the theme folder). Here's an article on how to make prosilver's width fixed: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixed-width-prosilver/

- we're poor!

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 19:59

Thanks a million. The fixed width worked great. Now all i need is the rounded background & header.

I'm guessing the background is all done is CSS? I remember using the glacier blue theme before, with a background, don't know if it's similar conscept.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 10 Aug 2008, 20:05

Yes, it's done with CSS and images.

- we're poor!

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 10 Aug 2008, 20:06

Do you know of any articles? Also, because you have lost the default header, where can your users use the search funtion?

EDIT: Another question: I followed the tips [url=http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/add-a-new-custom-page-to-phpbb/]here[/url] on how to add a page to phpbb3. It worked a treat, but i am looking to have the pages in the web root, or even a different directory, rather than the phpbb3 directory. As i would like to use pages like this for the whole site, i need to be able to have them on the web root, the index page for example. Is this possible with changes to that tutorial, or would i need a different approach.

Btw, i really apprichiate the help from you. My knowledge on the subject is rather lacking atm. (that should change as i hang around here more :P)

-Cheers.

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 11 Aug 2008, 00:27

- we're poor!

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 11 Aug 2008, 11:20

You have done it again evil. Thanks a bunch. I'll do this tutorial now. :D

I didn't see your search link in the menu, good addition. I'll try changing the $phpbb_root_path as well. Cheers.

-Clive

EDIT:
I got tyhe basics of the rounded borders done, i'll work on making more precise & appealing borders later on. Also, how would i got about "change the $phpbb_root_path of that file". I tried yesterday but to no avail. :cry:

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 11 Aug 2008, 12:29

Keep an eye on us, were back in business..

Crispy

Postby Crispy » 11 Aug 2008, 12:36

Ahh i see. Makes sense.

Return to “phpBB Modders”