phpbbmodders ripped?

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go .
carlf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpbbmodders ripped?

Postby carlf » 07 Sep 2008, 00:05

Just came across a site looking just like this one. As i cant find that this theme has been released, i assume this is a rip:

http://coderaid.com/forum.html

Unless im wrong of course.

//EDIT//

I found the theme is based on proglass, but still looks too much like this site :?

harmlessgoat22
Supporter
Supporter

Re: phpbbmodders ripped?

Postby harmlessgoat22 » 07 Sep 2008, 00:34

I believe there was a post here with a guy that was trying to imitate the phpBBmodders style, but supposedly he didn't steal any images, made his own based on this, so technically theres nothing you can do about it...

That's like, I can't beat my neighbor in an argument, so instead I kill his dog.
-Best English Teacher Ever

carlf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby carlf » 07 Sep 2008, 00:38

Ohk, its not right though.

Semi_Deus
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Semi_Deus » 07 Sep 2008, 00:57

wow, yea does indeed looks a lot like..maybe even a bit too much.. :x

Keep an eye on us, were back in business..

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 02:37

Well, not really. At least to me anyway. (Keep in mind my opinion means nothing! =P)

It kinda looks clumsily done.. And there's really only one Revolution Style. 8-)
Women should be obscene and not heard. X)

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 07 Sep 2008, 08:22

It is indeed an imitation, but i don't see any problems with it. I doubt we would take any legal action anyway, at least I wouldn't. I'm moving this to the "Site feedback" forum, since it concerns this site.

- we're poor!

Mr. Bond

Postby Mr. Bond » 07 Sep 2008, 16:17

I think I saw that site posted on STG somewhere a little while ago :? Definite rip, the style here looks much better though :mrgreen:
• •

Elglobo
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Elglobo » 07 Sep 2008, 19:00

This is why sometimes, I think that it's better to distribute officialy a style which is public.
At least, the author/team copyright is displayed clearly.

Otherwise, a malicious user will search in the most cases a solution to duplicate the style ... :?
: L'hébergement et l'assistance de votre forum phpBB en toute tranquillité.

- My First forum, créer votre forum phpBB3 facilement !

Mr. Bond

Postby Mr. Bond » 07 Sep 2008, 19:50

• •

igorw
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby igorw » 07 Sep 2008, 19:58

Well, i'm personally not so picky about copyright. I think you're supposed to leave it, but i won't go sueing people who remove it. Despite it's not worth the effort (money money! :twisted:)

- we're poor!

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 07 Sep 2008, 20:28

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 20:36

I'm still not sure it's that big of a deal.. Their copied-cat version looks kinda cheap and hurried to me. Did they actually steal images/code? In that case, send an email.

But.. *cough-'tis-fugly* anyway, their version. :P

Kamahl

Postby Kamahl » 07 Sep 2008, 20:55

look at this :D http://www.domainer.sk/ it seems that people really love your style. on one side it is bad that they try to imitate your style, but on the other side, they like this style and you can be glad :)
||

House

Postby House » 07 Sep 2008, 21:00

Daaamn. :shock:

Semi, just remember that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. 8-)

And Ganon_Master, just remember that murder is illegal, but you may want to start a mailing-list for all these guys. :lol:

Ganon_Master
Past Contributor
Past Contributor

Postby Ganon_Master » 07 Sep 2008, 21:13

Return to “phpBB Modders”